viii. how to love

+YEJI

"Do you really have no dating experience what-so-ever?" I looked at my phone as Jin was sending the most bland messages in the world.

He paused before he replied a quiet no.

I sighed. "You need to hype a girl up like say that you miss her so much which can give you the chance to meet up with her. Or, you can tell her that you love her a lot. If she likes cheesy stuff, then pickup lines from Google wouldn't be so bad."

"Maybe something along the lines of: Are you a keyboard? Because you are my type." I made a funny face at the end to top it off.

I saw Jin hiding a laugh as he was typing something on the phone, and a ping came from my device.

Are you cupid because you just shot my heart.

"Damn that's actually good." I put a thumbs up. "Save that just for Minkyung." I nodded as we both exchanged some...cringy messages with each other.

After that I had a debate on what to do next because we had three hours together.

"Imagine if I hadn't asked you for these lessons." Jin smiled as if he did something praise worthy.

"No, you threatened me." I corrected him.

"Okay, but maybe that's a bit of an overstatement." He defended himself. "At least I'm going to help you back."

"Which is why I decided to truly help you." I continued.

"So what is the next lesson you planned because we still have three hours together."

"Uh..." I thought long and hard. "Well there's also watching movies if you invite her to your house. Those give you a chance to cuddle with her." A lightbulb came to my head. "To end the day, you can make her homemade dinner...which...I'm sure you can cook?"

"Of course I can. Do you think I live alone to survive off of only junk food?" Seokjin looked appalled for a second.

"Okokok I didn't say you COULDN'T."

"Hm...I guess we could try watching something. I don't have any movies, but we could watch a drama." He suggested.

"You don't have any movies?! What!?" I exclaimed.

"My dad...he once came over to my house and turned it upside down. He took the CDs and broke them."

"Oh...you know what, I will replace them for you. That jerk ass father doesn't deserve to do that to some precious CDs." I let out a humph.

"You're right." He nodded. "But really, you don't have to do that."

"If Lee Yeji wants to do that, then she will. Nothing will stop her. Also, let's watch the drama Beauty Inside. I saw that drama in my recommended, but I never clicked on it."

"I'll make popcorn then." He was unsure whether popcorn would be suitable for this time.

"Sure why not." I took a seat on the couch that made me face the television right in front.

"Popcorn is served." Jin brought back a large bowl enough for two people.

"Thanks!" I took the bowl from him and started munching on the snack. "I'm literally about to forget that I'm here to give you useful dating tips."

"I'm surprised at myself too. You're the first girl I've never invited to my house." He took a seat besides me.

I choked on the kernel. "First?! Why is everything first with you?" I questioned.

"My teen and early adult years weren't that memorable. Everyone liked me, but I never let people into my life. This year, my goal was to let my crush in, so I really want to give her the best." Jin spoke in a serious way, his voice was similar to when we spoke in his car.

I was silent for a few seconds. "Minkyung will like you, I can promise you that. Also, I'll be giving you tips through the drama so if you ask me to stop interrupting...I really won't."

"You do you." He took the remote to pick the drama.

The two of us were very much absorbed into the drama due to its humor in the beginning scenes.

"She reminds me of you." I pointed at the female lead.

"Knowing me you obviously know I'm prettier than her." He flipped his hair.

I wanted to face palm but I agreed anyways.

"Ok so while watching a movie, you can bring her closer to you and just cuddle." I moved closer to Jin and linked arms with him as I put my head on his shoulder. "You could do this to Minkyung or vice versa."

+SEOKJIN

While we were watching the drama, I felt flustered when Yeji came to close contact with me.

No one had ever made such physical contact with me aside from my mom.

The tingly feeling once again took control of my body. Was I feeling sick?

I put my hand on my forehead, but it was fine. I had no fever. Not only that but she brought her arm around my shoulder.

"What is this for?" I looked at Yeji who was simultaneously focusing on the drama.

"Huh, oh, it's something else you can do if you don't want too much skinship at first." She pulled her arm away. "Really as long as she knows you truly love her, everything will come naturally." She replied.

I nodded, absorbing her lessons but in reality, I really had no idea of what I got myself into.