xxiv. heartbeat

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I was changed into an oversized t-shirt and one of Jin's pyjama shorts. I grasped a pillow tightly in my hands and pressed it against my chest.

"Did you change your mind already?" Jin sat on the bed as he looked at me with an amused expression.

"No...it's just that. I've never really slept with a guy-" Before I could say anymore, Jin stood up, carried me bridal style, and gently placed me on the mattress.

"You know, next time you could tell me before you do that." I could feel myself blushing. I brought my knees closer to my stomach area as I hugged the pillow to hide my face.

"Where's the fun if you already know?" He smirked as he turned the lights off and caught me by surprise.

As soon as he did that, the room was filled with the light reflecting off of the moon. I admired it before I felt a hand snake its way around my waist and pulled me into embrace.

"That tickles." I couldn't help but slightly giggle over the touch.

"Oh does it?" I could hear a sense of playfulness in his voice before I felt another purposeful tickle on the side of my stomach.

"Okay okay I give up." I laughed through every word spoken before he stopped and pulled my body back closer to his. Automatically my heart started beating faster.

"If I lost you to Minhyun, I think I would've been the most devastated person on the planet." Jin's voice lulled into my ear. His face buried in my neck.

"But you didn't. Just don't attack him. He didn't do anything." I suddenly remembered how Seokjin could do whatever he wished.

"Do you really think I'm like that?" I heard a hint of disappointment.

"No." I turned my body to face him. I saw this features shine even though it was dark. I could see a little frown from the shape of his lips.

I leaned in closer and kissed him below his lips as I couldn't crane my neck properly. "There could be millions, but I'll never love anyone the way I love you."

Jin placed his hand gently on my cheek. "But I was wondering about Hyesun...what does she think about me?"

"Hyesun- well she told me if the relationship works out she might find you decent. I don't exactly know, but it wouldn't hurt to get brownie points somehow."

"Ah, okay." Jin nodded.

"I'll try and change her mind." I reassured Seokjin because I knew it would prick his mind.

"It's hard accepting people into your life especially when you're alone with no one to talk to or trust." His voice came to a whisper. I suddenly remembered about the fight with his dad and all the scars on his body.

"Wait, your injuries, did they heal properly?" The thought of leaving quickly that day nagged at my brain.

He nodded, "It got better quickly because you tended to my wounds." His lips curled to a smile.

"That's not true, stop lying." I denied his claims.

"But it is." He tried to change my mind.

I sighed as I knew going against Jin's words were technically useless. I just nodded in agreement. "But from now on, no one will ever hurt you. I won't let it happen, ever."

- - -

Jin's heart changed from cold to much warmer. He could feel the tingling of his heart as if it finally woke up after a deep slumber.

He always wanted someone to love him, and he wanted to return the same amount of love. Seokjin was originally a boy filled with hope and a love for cute fairy tale endings.

Now that Yeji was with him, he didn't want to let her go. She was like a missing piece to him. Someone so important that if it was gone, he'd break down. He would be the Giselle of the lifetime.

Keeping hold of this moment is something Jin wanted to treasure forever. He wanted to treasure her the most.

- - -

"No one can hurt you either." The two of us gazed upon our eyes again before Jin inched closer to my face. He tilted his head to the side as his lips reached for mine. For a moment there, it's as thought the two of us forgot ourselves as we became immersed with each other.