xvi. prince and his girl

Saturday Night...

"Ok, I finally submitted in our project." The laptop was placed on top of my poofed out dress, one that Jin thought was suitable for the party. I on the other hand found myself very uncomfortable. I never was the type to wear party dresses, nor did I need to wear any.

"Why do you keep squirming in the dress? Do you not like it?" Jin walked in from the closet wearing a fancy tuxedo

"Why do you keep squirming in the dress? Do you not like it?" Jin walked in from the closet wearing a fancy tuxedo. His visuals made it seem as though he was a model.

"No, it's just that I've never worn a dress with my shoulders and upper chest exposed." I started moving my fingers along my collar bone.

"Wait...I think I might have something." His eyes lit up as he quickly went to his bedroom. I looked at him confused not sure what he wanted to give me.

Soon enough he came back with a large black velvet like box. He soon walked behind from the couch I was sitting in.

"What is that?" I questioned not sure what could be in the box.

"It's my mom's necklace. I'm letting you borrow it for the night." I could hear the light creak of the box.

"Wait. Why are you giving that to me? I can't wear something that belongs to your mom-" I declined. It would be rude of me to wear something that belonged to someone else.

"She'll never be able to wear it because she's dead..." Seokjin's words turned into a whisper. I got up from my sitting position and faced Jin. The couch blocked the distance between the two of us.

"Remember when I said that there was no one there for me. That's when my mom died. I was left alone, all my family members left me alone. I only had this house. No one-" Tears started to slowly fall from his eyes. Never had he exposed such emotions to anyone. All the emotions he pent up had been released all in one blow.

Yeji was shocked to see Jin crying. It was the first time she had witnessed him express sadness.

I walked closer to Jin as he kept sobbing. I pulled him closer for a hug. "It's going to be alright." I caressed his back gently. His head rested on my shoulders. "Like I said you're not alone. If you ever feel sad, know that I'll be there for you. Don't ever think there's no one but you. Your mother would have wanted you to smile. If she sees you like this, she'll be in pain."

Jin slowly pulled his head up. His eyes were now puffy and red. I moved my hand up to wipe the tears away.

He suddenly touched my elevated hand and pressed it towards his cheek. He smiled warmly. "I still want you to wear this." Jin picked up the pearled necklace as placed it on my neck. He moved the extra hair away from my shoulders. I knew I couldn't protest with his stubborn personality.

"Come on. We have an event to get to." I smiled as Jin returned it. "Time to prove Kim Seokjin is more than he looks."

- - -

The two of us had arrived in Seokjin's Audi car. I was amazed to see at the luxurious building. Red carpet, fancy clothes, and wine glasses. It gave out expensive Hollywood vibes.

"Just follow my lead." Seokjin whispered as I had my arm locked with his.

"Is it possible to turn back?" We had walked inside and the people looked completely different from my class. My stomach lurched in nervousness. How do I act? What do I say?

"So you actually came with her huh?" Woosun walked in all dignified, his wine glass nearly empty.

"I promised I would didn't I? Also, she's not my girlfriend." Jin smiled through gritted teeth.

"Alright if you say so Jinnie. Isn't that your mom's necklace?" Woosun went to touch the pearl necklace, but Jin quickly swatted away his hand.

"Don't ever touch my mom's things with your filthy hands." Jin nearly lost his temper but I placed my hand on his arm to stop him.

"Ya, Kim Seokjin, don't think you're special. Your not-" Woosun whispered in a low chilling voice, but to our advantage...or so we thought Jin's dad walked up with a chilled expression.

"Seokjin, my son, you came!" His father greeted Jin ecstatically but he just cringed. He knew his father wasn't like that. It was all just a simple show for his audience.

"Oh, and this must be your girlfriend."  He pulled his hand for me to shake. I returned the gesture. "You look beautiful tonight. Seokjin picked such a decently sophisticated girl."

Although it was a lie, I nodded, smiling anyways.

"What does your family do?" His father raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

"They run a restaurant in Seoul." I replied without thinking. I soon thought that might have been a mistake.

"It's very famous restaurant." Seokjin chimed in trying to save my made-up image.

"Oh really that's wonderful." His father's eyes glistened with greed and ambition. Soon another elderly man in a suit tapped on the man.

"Ah well, I have to meet a few other people. For now just enjoy the party." Woosun's father turned around to head out.

"A restaurant huh?" Woosun scoffed. "Impressive." His eyes met mine as he smirked. I felt a shivering chill down my spine.

As my eyes kept hovering over the crowd, a known figure came to sight. I couldn't believe my eyes at first, but it was her.

Minkyung?