xx. like it was nothing

One week and another.

Two weeks that went by, Seokjin and Yeji didn't exchange any words, looks, or even a gesture. Although they were in the same class, she felt awkward in his presence. There was something in her that made her feel bad for leaving Jin that day. Yeji ignored those lingering feelings, plus she had Minhyun anyways. He distracted her thoughts from Jin. She tried forgetting about him.

It was the best she could do for the sake of herself especially for someone who doesn't like her back.

"Yeji why do you look so gloomy?" Hyesun shook my shoulders and swayed them as I took a bite of my kimbap.

"What do you mean?" I let my mind wander into a trance.

"Is there something going on between you and Minhyun or is there something else wrong? Maybe Seokjin?" Hyesun replied letting go of my shoulder.

From the moment the name Seokjin slipped from her lips, I nearly choked on my food.

"So it is Jin." Hyesun figured out the latter. "Spill. I figured there was something between you two at the supermarket."

"What?" I looked at my friend with wide eyes.

"Yeji, please if you don't tell me, I can't help you. I can tell you something, don't hurt yourself by having false feelings for someone else. I might not like Jin, but if you like him-"

"I don't! It wasn't supposed to turn out like this. Minkyung and Jin they like each other-" My breath started to become unsteady as I quickly got up. "I'm sorry Hyesun, I'll see you in class."

"Ye-" Hyesun called for me, but I left before she could say anymore.

"What is she hiding?" Hyesun thought about what Yeji just said to her in those few words. "Minkyung? Who the hell was she?" She thought this was a great chance to confront Jin. To her benefit, she had seen him on campus conversing with his friends.

"Hey! Kim Seokjin!" Hyesun yelled at Jin. Namjoon turned to the voice. "Who's that?"

"Isn't she in one of our classes? Hyesoo? No wait Hyesun" Yoongi adjusted his glasses.

"Wait you're right." Namjoon thought for a bit.

"What does she want from you hyung?" Hoseok looked at Jin and then to the seemingly angry Hyesun.

"You're the one who broke Yeji's heart am I right?" She jabbed a finger to Seokjin's chest as her eyes kept direct contact with his.

"What are you talking about?" Jin questioned as Namjoon, Yoongi, and Hoseok looked at the older one with shocked eyes. "Wait follow me."

Jin took Hyesun to a secluded part of the school that wasn't visited much by students.

"What do you mean I broke her heart?"

"You and Minkyung right? You're dating her?" Hyesun furrowed her eyebrow.

"Yes." Jin replied shamelessly.

"And what about Yeji? You didn't think to consider her feelings?"

"She said she was happy for me and Minkyung. What was I supposed to say?" Seokjin yelled.

"Well of course she would agree. Did you ever say you liked her? Have the words 'I love you' come out of your mouth? I don't know the full story, but Yeji isn't the type of girl to fall for someone who she knows doesn't like her. Make sure you square up jerk." Hyesun gave a final warning to Jin before she made her exit.

It suddenly occured to him how Hyesun was right. He never expressed his love to Yeji like he forgot how to. It had been so long since he felt the feeling of love. He nearly forgot what it was like to love someone else.

The real question is, was it too late?