xii. bring it closer

"YEJIIIIII-AHHHH HOW WAS THE DATE?!" Hyesun ran up to me in the hallway. Daniel was not to far behind.

"Date?" I pretended to be oblivious about it.

"Yes the date, stupid." Hyesun poked the temple of my forehead.

"Ow. It was a normal date. What did you expect?" I shrugged it off.

"You mean y'all didn't kiss yet." Hyesun gasped.

"We just started dating." I sighed as I walked to my locker. "When do you kiss a person you just meet. Honey this isn't a k-drama."

"Anyways...uh Minhyun said he had a fun time." Daniel came into the conversation.

"Really." I looked back. "I thought he might think of me as boring." I am glad I wasn't bland."

"Gurl, what is this? I'm getting a not excited vibe from you." Hyesun frowned.

"It's just the first date, calm down lady." I looked at my worried friend. "I'm in stage one while you and Daniel could be a married couple."

"Honestly she's right, let's give her time." Daniel placed an arm around his girlfriend.

Hyesun sighed. "Alright."

I closed my locker as I reassured my friend before I went to class.

- - -

"So guys the lesson for today is business and marketing ethics. I want a PowerPoint fully explaining these characteristics. Pick one partner and both must provide the effort." The teacher replied. "This must be done by the end of this week, submitted by Saturday 11:59 PM."

Yeji looked at the professor as she sighed. More work to kill my soul. Yes please.

From behind, Seokjin came up to the seat next to Yeji. "I feel like it would be easier if you were my partner." He whispered.

"You scared me." Yeji put her hand on her chest.

"You were shocked, the emotion you are representing isn't fear." Seokjin replied in a monotone voice.

"I-" His antic just placed me in a bizarre situation I couldn't defend myself in.

- - -

By the time another school day was over, Jin had offered Yeji a ride to his house. This trip was half school related and the other kind of wasn't.

"YEJI!" Hyesun yelled from the sidewalk.

"Huh?" Yeji turned around.

"Where are you going?" She gave a questioning look towards Jin.

"We're doing a project for our business class." Somehow she felt guilty as though she was doing something scandalous.

Seokjin took no presence of Yeji's friend. He immediately got inside the car before Hyesun could protest the idea.

"He really ignored me like that?" Hyesun turned her head around and felt slightly insulted.

"He's always like that-"

"Huh? How do you know that?" Hyesun furrowed an eyebrow. "Always?"

Yeji suddenly realized her mistake in speech. "Uh well he seems like a jerk. Am I not wrong?" She shrugged hoping her friend wouldn't pick up something suspicious. If she did, Yeji would have to give a whole explanation that wouldn't be such a short story.

"Ugh you're right. I pray for you child. Get that project done soon. I wouldn't want to see you suffering til the last day of your project." Hyesun frowned feeling sympathetic for the child.

+YEJI

I nervously smiled at my friend as I watched her leave with Daniel who was waiting for her.

I sighed in relief as I got in the front side passenger seat.

"Your friend took too much time that could've been spent on important things." Seokjin adjusted the mirror so he could see his handsome face.

"We barely talked for more than ten minutes." I rolled my eyes.

"Anyways let's work on our project a bit later. Instead, I feel like you could give me tips on what to do during dates, specifically in an amusement park date. Then, we'll eat at a restaurant."

"Wouldn't that work if this happened during the late afternoon?" I questioned. "Romantic dinner at night? No?"

"You're so uncultured." Jin facepalmed. "I'm planning on taking Minkyung out for a coffee date to meet up. After that, I'll take her to an amusement park. THEN, dinner. This doesn't take only an hour or two."

"Ok ok. It's your plans, I'm just playing Minkyung's role."

"So first we'll visit the coffee shop and hopefully it won't go as awkwardly like your date." Jin coughed.

"JUST DRIVE!" I exclaimed.

"As I thought." He chuckled. Seokjin somehow found Yeji amusing as though she was a friend he could be himself with.

Although she was mad or even annoyed, he thought it was somehow...

cute.