vii. lesson one

+SEOKJIN

I can't sleep.

I laid in bed for a while, the lights were off, yet I struggled to close my eyes.

The words she said replayed my mind. The fact that she didn't consider me a monster even after finding a little bit about me.

The fact that she was more calm about my situation than my own friends' reactions.

Maybe I was relieved, but what if I told her everything. Would she leave?

Thinking about all of this made my head hurt, and I wasn't used to all this deep brain thinking.

Fuck this.

I got out of bed and went to the balcony. I took my phone and played some dramatic classical music.

I looked outside and looked up at the sky. It was painted with beautiful stars and a few stray clouds. "Mom, I hope you are smiling prettily up there. I'm sorry I wasn't a better son to you before you left."

The sudden classical music changed to a much softer song, a song that both my mom and I listened to together. Tears couldn't help but fall from my eyes.

Flashbacks of mother/son moments went through my mind. The laughter, and smiles until she became more depressed.

Her husband became more hostile towards her, and there was nothing I could do about it.

The Kim Seokjin that was all happy and normal before changed into the person he was today.

- - -

Next day...

"Does the one and only Kim Seokjin have mini baby dark circles?" Hoseok pointed to the tired Jin.

"Shut up." I placed under eyebag masks before class started.

"Did something happen yesterday?" Namjoon looked genuinely worried.

"Maybe." I eyed Yeji who walked in with Hyesun and Daniel. She was now more like her usual self due to feeling relaxed over the whole situation than the previous day.

"What are you looking at?" Yoongi followed Jin's eyes but couldn't really tell.

"Or who-" Hoseok nudged the eldest's shoulder.

"I'm looking at the board you dumbasses." Jin peeled his eye masks off. "Don't think about useless things. If Minkyung won't like me, I might as well go bury myself in a deep hole and never come out."

"Don't you think you should stop crushing on a girl who won't notice you." Yoongi furrowed an eyebrow.

"Which is why I'm going to make her notice me." Jin got up from his seat.

"Ok then...good luck..." Namjoon wasn't sure about this whole idea. He wanted to be that supportive friend, but at the same time maybe it was better that he wasn't too attached to one person.

- - -

+YEJI

"First lesson? What do I do first?" I mumbled as I walked to my locker to put away all my books for the day. Since today was Friday, I was feeling slightly relieved.

"Yeji!" I turned to see Minhyun.

"Minhyun?" I was slightly shocked from his appearance not knowing what to tell him.

"Uh...so the thing is...do you want to hang out today?" He ruffled the back of his head.

"Oh, you see..." I knew he was actually asking me out on a date, but I couldn't say yes even if I wanted to.

"It's totally fine if you're busy, I'll just ask you another day." He smiled.

"I'm really sorry." I frowned rejecting him.

"That's alright, enjoy your weekend Jiji." Minhyun waved.

"Thanks." I kind of cringed yet smiled at the nickname. "See you on Monday."

As I was walking a bit more, I saw Jin leaning against the wall as if he was the main lead of a drama.

"What are you doing? Were you here the whole time?" I saw him with slightly curved lips.

"Enjoy your weekend Jiji." He mocked Minhyun's voice and made 'Jiji' stand out.

"Oh my God stop." I rolled my eyes and slightly hit him on the arm.

"Yah! My clothes." He exclaimed as he dusted his sweater.

"That's what you get." I stuck my tongue out.

As soon as we got to his house, it was once again awkward.

"So what's lesson number one?" Jin walked to the kitchen. "Do you want something to drink?"

"Hm? Do you have juice?"

"Orange." He looked inside his refrigerator.

"Yea that's fine." I brought my legs together tightly, and Jin set down a glass of orange juice. "Thanks."

"Well you already did the whole flower and chocolate thing. I guess you can try to get her number sincerely instead of hunting for it like mine." I lifted an eyebrow.

"Oh...what if I already did that with her number...?" He shrugged.

"You...for real?" I gasped. "Anyways the proper way to get her number is to ask her. You could get her to help you with math or something. In that process y'all could have a library date." I suggested not knowing if it was a good one or not.

"I didn't even think about that, wow." Seokjin looked truly intrigued by my response.

"You really did need these lessons." I facepalmed.

"Well you have a week, so teach me all you can." He smiled cheekily.

"A WEEK!?" I squeaked.

"I'm not going to waste time." He scoffed.

"Fine fine. Just one thing, if I'm going to teach you. I'll be you and you pretend to be Minkyung. That way you can remember and not forget what to do."

"I'm fine with that, it's not like I'll fall in love with you in the process. You're out of my league." Jin crossed his arms.

"Ok look here, I know that too. Egoist." I put a disgusted look on my face. "I'd rather date Minhyun than you. At least he's wayyy more handsome than you."

"I knew there was something up with you two. Especially since he called you that treacherous nickname." He smirked.

"Eh I guess." I shrugged. He asked me out in a way he didn't but you were interrupting this whole moment."

"Awe it's okay, I'll help you have a nice date." Seokjin replied.

"What?"

"Yea, I mean you're helping me and all that. I have to repay you somehow. ONLY, if I'm able to get Minkyung to date me."

"It's a whole deal, just wait. I'll be able to make you sweep her off her feet." I suddenly had this inner passion of succeeding.

"Deal."