xiii. pit-a-pat

"You should definitely look at her and smile, don't give her a stern look that you're giving me now." Yeji tilted her head as she tried to make Seokjin change the way he was so stiff.

"Like this." Seokjin tried to curl the ends of his lips which somehow he struggled to do.

"I'm about to pull some dad jokes but the purpose is to make you smile not laugh." Yeji pulled out her phone as she tried looking for something to crack a smile.

"I'm just kidding! I know how to smile, look." Jin smiled widely. "Happy."

"Kim Seokjin you-"

"Look at how much entertaining this is and comfortable you are. With Minhyun, you looked like you were going to chicken out any moment."

"I've never been on a date before." Yeji frowned.

"Then pretend you're on a date now. You can get into the character."

"I wonder why I picked a business major when I could've been South Korea's most famous actress." A hint of sarcasm was heard from the girl's voice. "Also, I was going to ask you...that guy- Woosun...why haven't you seen him for a long time."

"Well you see the family history is funny." Jin stifled a laugh but really it wasn't something he was happy to tell people about. "My dad, we'll call him Group K's President, married a total of three women. Woosun's mother was the first, my mother was the second, and his current wife is the mother of Gunjoon."

Yeji silently listened as she nodded trying to grasp the story. Maybe she would find out a little of Jin's pain and help him.

"When I was younger, an argument happened between his mom and mine. Woosun ended up going to the U.S because of how annoyed he (his father) got. Somehow I feel like Woosun came back for revenge." Seokjin suddenly remembered the party and who he was supposed to bring with him. "There's also this party-"

"Party?"

"He asked me to invite you because he thinks you're my girlfriend." He paused between parts of the words.

"What?! Why didn't you decline? What about Minkyung?" Yeji started to become frantic.

"Minkyung still hasn't responded to my proposal and I can't decline when Woosun already told my father. Help me out this once." His eyes softened to a much pleading tone like a puppy.

"When's the party?"

"Saturday night. I'll pick you up in the morning to prepare you. The event is for people who have come globally. If I get humiliated, I'm done for."

"That's not making me feel better." Yeji started to internally stress.

"Don't worry, just let me do all the talking." He tried reassuring her, but it necessarily wasn't working.

- - -

+YEJI

"I have never been to a amusement park before this is amazing." I looked at the rides and the people who were having fun.

"What? You've never-"

"Look here I've barely went anywhere and my dad isn't going to spend a lot of money for this stuff." I exclaimed.

Seokjin looked at me with eyes that couldn't believe me. "This will be your first memorable time at an amusement park."

"I wanted to go with my boyfriend and have a cliché date." I whined.

"Well I wanted to go with my crush." Jin mocked my pouting voice.

"Ugh whatever let's go."

- - -

+JIN

"No one told me amusement parks were this fun?" Yeji started running like a little kid with her food.

"We've been owing each other so many things these days." I shook my head as I watch her look in awe at the sight. It was more as though she was sightseeing that doing the actions.

"This would've been more fun if I was a child. I feel like an immature college student." She sighed.

"So what. Enjoy it like everyone here. Age is only a number. If you think of yourself as young, you'll feel like it." I replied.

"Also, when you're here with Minkyung, link arms with her. Ok."

"I know that obviously. Also, let's find somewhere to sit because we've been wandering here for a while."

+3RD PERSON POV.

"Alright grandfather." Yeji bowed as if she was respecting an elder.

"YAH!" Jin pointed at the teasing girl who then started chasing after her. "When I get you, you're dead!"

"As if GRANDPA!" Yeji made the word grandpa stand out.

From a few distance away, she had stopped to catch her breath. Seokjin however wasn't that far behind.

+YEJI

"I give in. I can't run anymore." I placed a hand in the air from defeat.

"And you called me a grandpa." Seokjin made a 'tsk' sound.

I scrunched up my face in response. "Can I borrow your water bottle for a bit?" I saw Jin opening the bottle cap of the water.

He returned me a look of undesired to "lend" me his bottle. With that he took the chance to drink it without warning.

Before he could do any further action I had taken a straw and placed it in the water bottle.

Although I had planned for a simple put-straw-in-and-drink-water, that didn't happen at all.

Instead, I had tripped on the grass which caused my body to come in close contact with Jin's. My face landed right on his chest.

Out of all the things...Yeji you've fucked up.