PROLOGUE

-----------

-----------

A SMALL CART THE NURSE WAS DRIVING FORWARD MADE A SCREECHING SOUND. So far she had stopped at every patient's door and gave them the right medicine, watched them swallow it, then waited for them to kick in since a lot of patients, especially the conscious ones with anger issues, tended to vomit them out.

The nurse stopped at one patient's door once again before sighing and taking the right medication before checking the patient's record. The woman just wanted to go home to her kids and forget another day full of crazy people attacking her or just laughing at nothing.

Of course, she felt sorry for them, because they didn't chose to go crazy. Some were born with a certain mental illness, some got crazy because  of some catastrophe in their life.

Two doctors were talking near some patient's door in hushed yells as the nurse glanced at them before seeing the door they were standing at. She realized they were talking about that patient and quickly decided to walk into the ward of Sam Rhee. Who was still the weirdest patient they had.

He was sitting on a neatly done bed as he stared out of the window, which had prison grotesques so no one would decide to escape. Not like Sam would do anything.

The nurse was always scared to go to his room. No, he wasn't bounded with straps to keep him from scratching his eyes out or put to sleep. He was free to walk around his room. He wasn't violent in any way.

It was just his words that scared the nurse Greta. The first time nurse Greta encountered Sam Rhee, who she thought to look quite normal, she left his ward shaking and crying.

They had never met before and yet he told her everything about her life. As if he read minds. Some nurses even wrote a petition to not treat him anymore because they were too scared to come into his room. Even doctors thought of him as an untreatable case.

But some deep inside morals of Greta made her treat him still because she couldn't leave anyone to tend for themselves.

Greta slowly approached Sam before stopping at the end of his bed, having a good enough distance from the special boy. Everyone thought Sam was sick. No one knew he wasn't.

Before opening her mouth, Greta hesitated. She was always afraid to say anything because Sam would find a twisted way to make her words haunt her forever. Sometimes she got lucky though. Sometimes he was just quiet, taking his pills and not saying a word. And even in those times Greta felt as if knives were cutting her open. "Your meds," Greta finally spoke and she got surprised by her own tone.