THREE

-----------

-----------

"ARE YOU OKAY, SWEETHEART?" Liz questioned her only daughter, who couldn't retrieve her look away from the man sitting by the table next to her only family.

"Mom, I want you to stand up slowly and walk towards me," Caroline said softly as Liz furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. Sam, on the other hand, only smiled. "Mommy?"

Caroline felt as if Sam could attack Liz at any second. Even if she was a vampire he still could've hurt her. "Caroline, what is going on? Do you know Sam?" Liz asked as she quickly stood up so Caroline used vampire speed to make Sam stand up as she pushed him to the wall, holding his neck. "Caroline!"

"Caroline, I put some herbs in your mom's tea. She's about to go down," Sam told her calmly as Caroline quickly turned back to see her mom sitting down on the couch.

"Mom!" Caroline shouted before releasing Sam and running towards her. Liz then swirled to one side before losing consciousness. "Mom, mom!"

"She'll be fine. Liz won't remember me when she wakes up nor that we ever met. I just needed to talk to you alone," Sam told her as Caroline seethed before standing up. Sam tried to use her anger as a way to know more about her but he didn't. She was a block to him and he was losing temper.

"Who the hell are you and what do you want from me?!" Caroline sneered before her eyes vamped out slightly.

Sam put his hands behind his back before he began to pace around slowly, looking around the house. "Did Elena accept my offer?" he asked, ignoring her previous question.

Caroline just shook her head in annoyance as her face turned back to normal. "Forget Elena now! Why are you here?!"

"Did she?" Sam pressed before moving to stand behind the couch where Liz was lying. Caroline glared at him as her blue eyes lost color.

"No! I mean who would say yes to a psychotic freak, who comes to people's homes and drugs them?! Also..." Caroline then paused as she calmed down. Sam smiled, wanting her to continue her ranting, but Caroline was a bit scared. "You're like... You're able to read minds."

Sam laughed once again. "I repeat, because clearly something got lost in Stefan's transmission, Caroline. I don't read minds. I read people. I know when they want to reach me. I wish I could read minds though. Especially now," he commented as Caroline glanced away. "I can read every single person you point your finger to. Just not you."

Caroline scoffed as Sam watched her nod her head sarcastically. "So? It's not my problem you're having some technical issues," she exclaimed loudly before sighing. "You know, Stefan was right. You are seriously damaged in a way."