TWENTY-TWO

-----------

-----------

THE SMILE OF SAM RHEE LIT THE ENTIRE ROOM. He stood in the Forbes' women living room, looking his very best in his suit and a black bow tie that Caroline got him.
His hair was neatly pulled on his forehead because Caroline liked it apparently which brought amusement to Sam.

It was late already as he was waiting for the Forbes girl to get into a beautiful dress she got from Klaus since Elena stole hers. He was fidgeting slightly causing Sheriff Forbes to sigh. "You should know girls take ages to get ready. Especially with last minute dresses," the mother of Caroline commented as Sam smirked at her.

"And you should know that men get annoyed by that easily," he answered calmly because they were late to prom already and he couldn't wait to meet Silas.

Liz sat back on the couch as she narrowed her eyes at Sam. "Why exactly are you taking my daughter to prom?"

"Because I don't have to go with anyone and I can't just leave him here," Caroline spoke from the doorway causing Sam to turn around and finally get a glance of how she looked.

He paused for a second, admiring the beauty of the Forbes girl. Pearl white dress with a simple necklace and beautiful shining eyes that drew Sam the most. "Do I look like royalty or did Klaus miss?" she asked, oblivious to Sam's look because she was looking at her mother who smiled and got up.

Liz passed a still silent Sam and smiled at Caroline warmly. "You look absolutely beautiful, baby," she whispered, feeling proud of her girl.

Caroline smiled with a nod and then met Sam as he approached her with a smile that covered his regret of betraying her once again. He wished he could get inside her head and know what she thought of his look but he just could've asked. "You look mesmerizing tonight," he praised honestly and smiled once again.

She never thought she'd attend prom with a psychopath like Sam but there they were. Standing in front of each other with mutual trust that soon would get broken. If she was able to me mad at him at all. "You look fine yourself," she said with a slight nod.

"Shall we go or will you take pictures, Sheriff?" Sam turned back to Liz to see her rolling her eyes. Caroline giggled under her breath at her mom's and Sam's relationship.

"Just go. You'll miss all the fun," Liz advised so Sam led Caroline to the door and opened them. "Have fun, sweetheart."

"Sure will," Sam teased as Caroline groaned and the two walked outside.