Part Five: The News

The clock slowly ticked away. . .
Fluttershy had gotten bored of braiding Rainbow's mane, her eyes still full of tears as Rainbow rested her head on her lap. Dash had now stretched herself on Applejack and Rarity's laps, too. Rarity rested her head on Twilight's shoulder. Everypony seemed warmer when they were touched by a friendly body.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Visiting hours started to slip away like water in hooves.
And within every second, minute, even hour, the rainbow maned pegasus grew more and more anxious.

"Dash," Pinkie softly said, scooting close to Rd. "I-I've liked you for a long time. . ." Pinkie put her hoof over on Rd's lap, making her freeze.
"I love you, Rainbow Dash."
"Pinkie Pie. I like you too. .
But just as a friend. ." Pinkie saddened, but it didn't break her heart.
Yes. That's exactly what she should've done, not letting Pinkie kiss her.
Why? Why are you such a fool, Rainbow Dash? She silently thought. Finally, Twilight quietly spoke to the anxious pegasus,
"Rainbow. It wasn't your fault."
She looked at her as if she was crazy. "Are you kidding me?!? Of course it was! If I hadn't if been so stupid, we wouldn't be here!" She felt her tears about to slide off her eyelids. Rainbow slowly crawled off AJ and Rarity, giving their laps a break. Rainbow paced back and forth.
The five friends sat until they heard the doors open, the doctor standing in front of them. Rainbow bit her lip.
"Is she okay?!? Did she live?!? TELL ME!" Dash screamed. The doctor blinked, sighed, and closed his eyes.
"Pinkie Pie will live-"
Rainbow let all the air that she was holding out. She felt. . . Happy. She felt as if Pinkie had already forgiven her. She felt free, like she could do anything.
"But I also have bad news. She cut so deep, she damaged her lower stomach pretty bad. We will see if she can still walk, but there's a 50% chance that she won't. But do not worry, she will heal in no time. Pinkie also will have to start taking some pain relieving medicine if she feels if her insides are 'burning'. And finally, make sure she watches the sugar. No more than fifteen-twenty tops, grams of sugar per day. You five may see her."
Rainbow's heart sunk. W-wheelchair?!? Insides burning?!? This really was worse than she thought.
Fluttershy started to cry again. Rarity just stared, her mouth wide open. Twilight looked down sadly. Applejack looked around, trying to hide the fact that tears ran down her cheeks. She shouldn't, since everypony was crying.
Rainbow sighed.
This was your fault
This was my fault. . .
Rainbow wiped away a tear, slowly speaking,
"Let me see her."