Part Sixteen: The Trap

Rainbow Dash zipped out the window, tears running down her face.
Pinkie... Why?
In the distance, she saw Sweet Apple Acres.
Applejack...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The orange earth pony walked to the next tree, preparing to buck. She stood there for a moment, thinking. Suddenly she bucked, half missing and hurting her leg.
Ever since Pinkie Pie had told her about her crush... she kept her distance. Even when waiting in the waiting room for an answer if she survived, Applejack thought about it. Applejack knew, she knew, that Rainbow would've picked Pinkie over her if she found out.
Why can't I just tell her..-
Her thought were interrupted by a thump, the sound of Rainbow Dash landing in front of her, tears streaming off her cheeks.
"A-applejack?" The cyan pegasus croaked. Applejack looked concern.
"Rainbow Dash! What's wrong?"
Rd sniffed, suddenly hugging Applejack. Confused, AJ pushed her away. "Tell me."
Rainbow sniffed again. "I went to Pinkie but she's insane now! When I told her I loved her, she just ignored me! I-I th-thought she li-liked me! She's crazy..." Rainbow looked down. Applejack raised an eyebrow. Just because she secretly loved Rainbow, did not mean she would act differently.
"Rainbow! Calm down..." She grabbed the crying ponies face. "Maybe it wasn't meant to be... You and her. If she's crazy now, don't risk your happiness for her. Y'all understand?"
Rainbow Dash nodded, her eyes still had sadness in them. Applejack's face softened, looking straight at her.
"Besides... You always got me."
Rd looked up, surprised at what she heard.
"Applejack... Y-you like me?"
She was right in her hooves.
"No. I love you."
Right in her trap.
Rainbow smiled.
"I-I love you t-too." Rainbow said, pulling Applejack in for a hug.
Forever.
It was true, before Pinkie Pie, Rainbow had always loved Applejack first. The only reason she had rejected Pinkie was because she talked to Applejack at the party before Pinkie took her away.
Walking up the stairs, Rd saw Applejack's face.
Pain.
But not anymore.
Because now Rainbow Dash was Applejack's.
And if Pinkie ever touched her,
she'll be sorry.