Chapter 2

She squeezed her eyes and outstretched her right hand out of habit. She dint feel the warmth. She opened her eyes and sat up. He was not there.

She covered her face with her palms.  Three months and she still wasn't used to his absence in her life. 

It has been three months Anika! Three months to the divorce! 

She remembered the past night. God knew how she wished she wasn't weak last night. But the fact couldn't be erased, he was her weakness. A terrible weakness she wished she had never developed. What the hell did he think of himself? He could throw out as and when he wished and still have the audacity to do what he did last night only to leave her in the morning this way.

She wondered what bothered more the fact that he was gone or the events of the night. Probable both were.

"Shivaay baby. Where were you last night? I was so worried, you did not even respond to my call ,Baby! Universe knows how frantic I was last night."

"Tia, Tia, I had an unexpected meeting." he said putting to an end his wife's questions.

He quickly made way to his room for a shower. Tia looked at him suspiciously.

"We need to talk." Tia folded her hands entering the room.

Shivaay gave himself a good look and turned away from the mirror.

"Shivaay do you consider this a marriage?" 

"What are you saying Tia?"

"There is absolutely nothing between us like it should be between a married couple. Neither did we have a proper traditional marriage nor have we..."

"Tia, darling, relax" he said rubbing her arms. "Things have been hectic, you know that right? I need some time Tia, to battle with changed situations and you know how things are at office right now?"

"I do baby! Don't worry, I am with you in it. By the way when is the LimeShine meeting rescheduled to?"

"Today evening!" He answered. 

"Alright, will be there." She smiled . "Don't worry baby, we will make it to the top and the award will definitely be yours this time! Just the news of a prospective company merger has garnered so many projects and profits once the merger is done, I cant imagine! . It's unbelievable."

"Yes it is!" He flashed a thoughtful smile.

She leaned forward when he moved as though he didn't see that coming. "I need some signatures Tia!"