Chapter 10

She stared at him, did he say a Thank You to her? 

She blinked away looking at the flowers. At first she couldn't look at his eyes because she was uncomfortable. But with days she saw beyond the color. He was such a different man. The way he loved his brothers, his mother, his family, that love was reflected in his eyes. She longed for someone to love her like that. Strangely those eyes that she once feared, now enchanted her!

She had started loving to look into his eyes. She found herself stealing glances at him, when he was at home around his family. Anika knew she was slowly beginning to expect him to look at her as well. She knew where this was heading, was the wrong turn. He was to be married and she was his wedding planner. But, the small things were drawing her to him. He was handsome, very handsome. She had started noting the small things about him. The smile that lit up his face on seeing his brothers. The frown on his face, when he heard something unpleasant on the phone. The way he was protective for his sister. Everything seemed to be drawing her to him. 

"Why do you look away like that? Do I look scary or something!"

A small smile graced her lips. She turned to him. "A little bit!" She had mentally smacked herself the moment the truth had gone out.

"Oh, so I look scary. Interesting. Women find me handsome, charming, sexy, hot, dashing, athletic, and more. No one ever said scary!"

Anika gaped at him folding her arms. Self obsessed man. "Mr. Oberoi you are blowing your own trumpet?"

"No. I am stating facts."

"None are necessary here, so that hints at you blowing your own trumpet!"

"Why would I have to do that I mean..? The world knows it!"

Anika laughed. 

He looked at her pleasantly surprised. She looked breathtaking beautiful. She laughed like a joker but she was beautiful. Those cheeks colored up. He wondered how they would feel on his touch. She pushed her lock behind her ears shaking her head. He was tempted to hold her in her arms. What!? What!?

He was jerked out of his wandering thoughts. "Why do you laugh?" 

"You are so self obsessed! Let me give you reality check- the world has better things than knowing who you are what's your name and how do you look!" 

"Really?" He stepped forward.

She looked confused now. She shrugged and quickly made an excuse escaping the situation. 

*  *  *  *

(Present)

He looked to the left and then to the right. Both his brothers were sound asleep. For him sleep was away. He was pondering on Om's words. He had been so selfish. Yet, she was all but that. He missed her. Her old self. Who looked at him like he was the best thing in the world that happened to her. But now that was replaced by a look that told him, -why-did-I-love-you-.