Chapter 8

He saw her step out of the block with two three handbags in her hand, dressed in her blue top and jeans.Back were her slippers, those annoying ones that tore more than were worn. But he felt a small smile slowly crawl up his face. What was happening? Her each thing that once annoyed him even after the marriage, was growing over him. Like it had the first time. True, somewhere down after the wedding he thought that it wasn't one of his best decisions- marrying her. After all it was a decision made at the eleventh second. Even he himself din't know he would propose her on the day he was supposed to get married to Tia and marry her instead.

Jerking out of his thoughts he took a step to walk towards her only to gather that Vikram had reached her before and was talking to her.

"Anika are you okay?" Asked a concerned Vikram. He half assumed Shivaay to be a psycho ex.

"Yeah!" She replied hurriedly wanting to leave before her mad man appeared again.

"I'll see you tomorrow!" She began walking away.

"Hey, I can drop you?" Vikram suggested staring into her eyes that were lost in debate of their own. He wondered how could a girl like her marry someone like the Oberoi. They were stark opposites. He had no clue how Shivaay had chose her as his wife. A man like him would go for a woman like maybe Tia for wife. Social status, grace, attitude, mannerism all that a man like Shivaay would want was absent in Anika. Perhaps, the reason of the divorce he thought to himself .

"I'll take the auto-rickshaw or cab, thanks!" She smiled at him quickly and looked away into her phone, walking again.

"Anika, its not safe, I will drop you home." 

"It's..."

"I m dropping her home. " Shivaay walked up to them and stood a little distance away from the two.

Anika looked away frustrated. He was growing on her veins and being too interfering. Before she liked it but now it annoyed.

"Vikram is dropping me Mr. Oberoi." She smiled forced and looked at Vikram, hoping he would accept her sudden yes.

"Yeah!" Vikram quickly went with flow. 

Rolling his fingers in a fist, he gritted his teeth, and smiled at Vikram. His eyes on her. He had become 'Mr.Oberoi' from 'Shivaay' and 'Mr.Rathore' had become 'Vikram'. The ocean seemed to witness a change of wind. It certainly did not go well with the blue eyed man.

* * *

Vikram pondered a little on the situation wondering whether he should ask her what was going on. But, wait she was Anika. He didn't like her. That was the past, she isn't all that bad after all? He thought. 

"Can I tell you something?" He finally broke the silence.

Anika looked up at him, grateful he had brought her out of thoughts of "him". 

" Roop Nahata had come!"