Chapter 9

In less than five minutes, she had brought out the slightly dust covered album. Their wedding album. The peculiar scent reminded her of the days they sat together and looked at it, laughing and making fun of the awkward photographs and smiling intertwining their fingers looking at the aesthetic couple photographs. As she opened the majestic looking collection book, her eyes rested on the first picture, a close up picture of him.

Blue sky like eyes, perfect stubble, a certain royalty in his manner. She beamed, her eyes shinning. No one would believe, it was the same woman who had feared him on first sight.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(Past)

"Aunty. Its okay I'll leave. " Anika tried convincing the woman." The woman who looked in her fifties, had been the target of a gang of local goons. Anika had happened to come in way and that had luckily saved Pinky from being robbed of he expensive studded necklace. The goons however had attempted to rob the woman again. While others saw the drama, a furious Anika had taken her slippers in hand and had startled the goons. More, by her courage. She stood between the three goons and Pinky, shielding the woman who hid behind her, now holding her shoulders. One of the three laughed and tried to get hold of her and was whacked badly by her slipper. The other two gulped. They had underestimated the woman. Meanwhile, Anika asked the older lady to do the same hold her slipper in her hand. Having absolutely no sense at the moment, Pinky followed and took her shiny golden slipper in hand. Soon the men in crowd came forward and started beating the goons up. Pinky looked amazed. Little did she know that a woman with slipper in hand could be so powerful.

" Oh no. Please listen I can explain, why I m not there.Sir.." The call ended. Frustrated she threw the mobile into her bag, slowly leaving the crowd. A lost project!

"Beta!" Pinky called her. Anika had won Pinky's heart and Pinky requested her to be her guest. She was sorry Anika had to lose a deal but had only hospitality to offer has her gratitude. By the time the car had pulled up before the marvelous mansion, Pinky and Anika knew quite a lot about each other .Pinky knew just what she had interest in. Anika worked for as a event manager. Well she could be a wedding planner as well. 

The two were greeted by two women. Jaanvi and Daadi were amazed after hearing Pinky's adventure at the market. Anika was surprised as well, a simple thing had grown into a movie's scene with a lot of unnecessary adjectives, metaphors and adverbs in Pinky's description. 

Once Anika was prepared to leave, Pinky offered Anika the job of his son's wedding planner. For a minute Anika couldn't even blink. A big project had just come flying in just like that. Was the woman insane? Had to be, or she wouldnt have gone to the marketplace wearing necklaces with studded valuable stones. Wasn't that common sense? But Anika had realised the people had too much, to care for, the interiors of the mansion said it all. But for all she cared was, she wanted to be in the design wing and work for the fashion house than this. Percase, she presented the job she had bagged, Sir would finally let her to the fashion house, something she had been waiting for since two months, now. 

Smartly the fate out witted her again. Pinky wanted just Anika as the coordinator, and Anika was forced to accept this project. But, the good news was soon after this she would be shifted to the fashion house. Now, all Anika wanted was to just get done with the man's wedding! Whoever he was!