Chapter 24

(Longer chapter than usual)

"Shivaay baby, you have no clue what I feel right now!"

Shivaay gave a very sweet smile. Like he was going to kill some diabetic by that smile. "Relax Tia, you deserve it!" He smiled as they slowly began to descend the stairs of his mansion, to address the conference he had called for.

"Oh baby, yesterday was a bad night, the Universe had other plans perhaps, but you totally made up today for it. I can't tell you how happy I am right now." Tia chirped. Shivaay Singh Oberoi had kept a press conference for her!

He smiled with a tinge of blush this time. Last night, indeed was beautiful, Universe sure had other plans that he had never in wildest dreams imagined. Keeping his mirth to himself, he met Mishra's eyes. The man gave him a thumbs up. He then turned to his brothers. The two couldn't stop smiling. Very bad at acting! They gave him a positive sign and disappeared. And it began.

" I have a confession to make. Or rather something to show. " Shivaay reached the main point of the matter. The lights went dim, an excited Tia and a curious audience remained.

She sat sketching her new design not thinking about him. She was not going to think of him. Or think of what he did and why he did so? She would certainly not think about the night. She would also not think about how he was concerned for her. Those thoughts of not thinking about him ran in loop in her brain as she was drawing the loops on the gown she was sketching.

Suddenly her message beeped. Vikram? Curious she opened the message that read,

"I like the brooch your husband is wearing right now, its unique. Any idea, where he bought it from?"

Anika gaped at the message. Weird! 

Wait, how did he know what Shivaay was wearing?.She asked him the same over a text message. He texted back informing about a live press conference. She quickly switched on the TV, ignoring Vikram's next message which she guessed was about the brooch. The first thing she saw was Tia, her blood boiled. This man— the one she was practically thinking of not thinking, was an idiot who certainly did not deserve her love. Was he going to marry her? She was sure she would kill him, if he did. Why did she not kill him before? Maybe because she had just learned, to hate him enough to even think of killing him.

A footage was played. She sat back on the couch with mixed emotions. He had just exposed Tia's attempts to sabotage Myra, with necessary proofs. There was also a little footage of someone tampering with the dress that Anika had worn that day, later the same person was seen getting paid and also scolded, by Tia. Anika gaped at the screen. How she wished she was there to give Tia that slap she deserved. Percase, Maa, would do that later. She smiled, at the thought of Pinky. 

Pinky was a blessing in her life. She still remembered that day, the day he gave her the divorce papers. When Pinky had dragged her inside a room and asked her about their fight. She had cried into her arms, telling her about Shivaay. A small part of her was willing to give in for Shivaay's sake. She had seen the aloofness in his eyes. He wouldn't be able to take rejection. Pinky warned her not to. She told her to be the Anika who she had first met. Not the one who she had become after the marriage. She asked her not to settle but fight for what she deserved. She should accept what she thought, she deserved. She certainly did not deserve Shivaay to treat her like that. Anika always had taken Pinky to be a very possessive mother who'd do anything for her son's happiness. Surprisingly, she was giving up that to be her mother.  Anika did not turn back. She knew her mother had got her back. If Pinky was with her she couldn't ask for anymore strength. She was sure she wouldn't have the courage to leave the family and love if it wasn't Pinky who encouraged her to be herself and not the daughter of the family.