Chapter 23

"Anika, I.." Words were lost. Because he realised, he had pushed her back to her side of the land. He had always thought it was he who had walked up to her and proclaimed love. It was actually the other way around. She had left everything and held on to him. For what? To deserve this day?

"Don't!" She said very angrily. She wanted to hate him but all she could do was feel sorry for seeing him like that. But she was not ready to let him spoil their love.

Shivaay's expression changed, Anika heard clearing of throats behind her. She turned immediately, Rudra ducked to not be hit by the vase in her hand.

He stepped away pulling Omkara back as well. He had not the slightest clue, Anika was serious when she said she wanted to kill his brother. "I thought Bhaabhi was kidding last night!" He whispered aside to Om. Om was a little confused himself on seeing Anika with the heavy vase in hand aimed towards Shivaay's handsome face. Shivaay showed little amusement, seeing the expressions on the faces of his brothers.

"We came at the wrong time, again?" Rudra enquired, twitching his brow. For some reason Rudra and Omkara always ended up in bewildering scenes between the two. Be it their brother's proposal on his wedding day or be it when Anika was running behind him calling him Chaand. Well she exactly wasn't calling 'him Chaand' but that is what Rudra had assumed. Oh, not to forget, when he had almost ended up when the two were blushing and looking at each other, it was a few days after the wedding. He was thankful he hadn't witnessed something that would make them or him awkward. But, hey, the couple should keep certain scenes to their room! After that they had perhaps, because Rudra never ended up in awkward scenes but amusing ones still, for sure. Like the one where Anika had hit Shivaay's head with a sugarcane stick, some sort of science she was trying. His diary, yes Rudra Singh Oberoi had a diary where a section was reserved exclusively for his memoirs featuring the couple. 

Shivaay wanted to giggle. He almost ate up a smile as Anika glared at him from the corner of her eyes. His brothers especially Rudra had a crazy timing with them, something they, he and his wife, well ex-wife, always pondered about.

She stepped towards to the two, giving them side hugs while holding on to the vase. "Thanks!" She whispered, for their help last night. They looked at her clueless. She handed the vase to Rudra and quickly whispered, "Your brother is a goner!" She walked out without turning back. He stared at her. An urge to win her back remained in his heart. He wanted to get her back, talk it out the way she wanted. But, he knew it was late to talk. Action was the need of the hour.

He shifted his gaze to his brothers standing with folded arms, demanding for an explanation. "What?" He asked clueless.

"What did you do now? What did you say?" Om asked with a stern face. " I m sure you hurt her again."

"I did not say..." Shivaay started speaking in his defense, searching for the right words. He failed.

"Oh, man! Why did you not? You should have told her what you told us!" Rudra said now considering that his smart brother had his own kind of stupidity.

"She won't listen!"

"Did you try telling?"

He nodded in a no.

"Great ?" Om chided throwing his hand in air. "I am giving up on you as well!" He said and walked away. Leaving a clueless Rudra, as always!

"Bhaiya, I want bhaabhi back. " stomping his feet Rudra too left, after handing the vase to Shivaay.

"I want her back too!" He said in a small voice looking at the vase in hand.

Slowly he walked back to the room and sat on the bed. He ran the events from past three months in his head. How ruthless had he been? So many what-ifs popped in his mind. He had never thought so closely about it. What if she wasn't this strong? What if she was a psychopath? Surely he would have met death. What if she had been such to not even look at him after all he had done? Thankfully her love wouldn't allow that. Anything he tried to question, went on her side. The family was on her side and truth to be spoken his heart was also on her side. He sighed. What could his dear mind do, than make up for everything?

He had been stubborn, thinking she will give up the fight first. She did not. Because she was right in her place. He was right only at a few points and wrong at others. Was he really so low? No. He was just helpless. But now he had two choices before him. One to go ahead and marry Tia get that vote from Kapoors and forget her. He smiled. Utterly impossible. Second was to let his company meet whatever was written in its fate and never forget Anika. Would she come back? Hell, no. If he was her, he wouldn't. That was the point, it was Anika. A smile crept up. Now that was the challenge before him. To win her heart and trust back. That wasn't easy, he knew.

He walked into the washroom. His mind running in all possible directions. Shivaay Singh Oberoi made a way if one suiting his needs did not exist. He smiled to himself, with a mysterious charm. Shivaay Singh Oberoi did not forget his insults as well. He called Mishra. Time to make some news!

-------------------

Chapter End

--------------------

Firstly, Thank you for the much love! I am having an absolutely lovely time writing for you all!

Before anyone asks, I am not sure whether I will be updating the next today.

Any guesses? 😂

-Anami!

Don't forget to hit the 'vote' button!