Chapter 22

She sighed and sat up, sleepily. Her stomach ache was back. She held her stomach and opened her eyes. She looked at the stained sheets and then at him. He was sleeping with his stomach against the bed. His face towards her. She couldn't help but allow her eyes to gorb the ravishing man. Her heart twisted. How long had she stayed away from him?

Her hands moved towards his face. She wanted to trace her finger over his forehead and push away that hair. She pulled her hand back as slowly the memories of the passionate night filled her mind. She rubbed her forehead. What had she done? How could she be so carried away? 

She had come to speak it out, but had ended up making out. Oh, Dear! She had come to give him an earful and fight with him. This is it! This stupid attraction and action couldn't stay out for a while? She had wanted to sort the things in her heart. She had wanted answers for her so many questions. But, all she did was made love. No, she did not regret it a bit. But the timing was wrong. 

Well, they did have a thing for the wrong timing, from the beginning. She looked around and then at herself. Wild man! A part of her wanted to give him back what he gave and the other part was back to the fear. It was just hopeless attraction between them? Not once had he said he loved her last night. She sat steadily for a few moments reconstructing the night in her head. He had said or asked whatever it was, only, 'you came'. What was she supposed to understand from that? She looked at him and gave him a faraway look. She got off the bed, with a sigh. Why did she have to love this man?

She was surprised to find a wardrobe inside. It had only men's clothes, all his sizes. Frowning she wore a bathrobe and came out. He was still sleeping. Gathering her clothes she went back in. 

He stirred in sleep, outstretching his hand beside him. Startled he woke up. She was gone and so was the sheet she was wrapped in .Where was she? He looked around. Percase, she was shy. Very likely. But after all they had shared together, a little unbelievable. He wore his clothes and buttoning his shirt looked around. He peeped into the balcony, saw the poolside, saw the other terrace bed, saw the kitchen. She wasn't anywhere. When he came back to the hall he caught a glimpse of her leaving. "Anika!" He called after her. She had reached the corridor midway when he caught up with her. "Where do you think are you going?" He held her forearm.

She looked at him with a blank expression. 

"What?" He asked baffled.

"I am going where I am supposed to be." She got free of his hold.

"You can't leave. " 

She gave a sadistic smirk. "I can and I am."

"Do you regret what happened last night?" He asked her straight. His heart skipped a beat. Last thing he wanted was her to regret their love making.

She gulped at the mention of it. No she did not. But that was not what was supposed to happen.

"Your silence scares me." He whispered his voice lined with fear.