Chapter 12

"Good Morning Mr. Dobriel!" Vikram and Anika wished as they sat before the old man.

"Congratulations to you two! I am amazed at how well you handled the situation last night. I heard about the sabotage. I have put a team on work to get to the bottom of it. They will report to you in due time. As for my purpose for calling you here. I 've reconsidered my decision. I feel Anika is more deserving so I revise the ..."

"Absolutely Sir!" Vikram smiled cordially at Anika. 

Anika was taken aback. She smiled gratefully. 

" Sir I think a 50-50 would be best! " Anika suggested.

Vikram smiled broadly. 

Anika looked at him with glint in her eyes.

"Well, if the two of you are okay with a 50-50 instead of a 60-40, then who am I to say, my company is in safe hands that is what matters to me! Both of you are excellent people. The company couldn't ask for more."

"Thank you!" Vikram announced once they were out of the cabin, smiling at her.

"Thank you, to you too." She impressed a smile.

"You asked Sir, didn't you?" She said trying to judge his expression.

" I did. Because I thought you deserved the position more than me. But, How did you know?"

"Smart people know, Vikram!" Anika grinned.

"Whatever, so the hard part starts now. We have to be even with our decisions. " Vikram pocketed his hands taking a deep breath.

"You need to consider my opinions." She shrugged.

"You have to be practical!" 

Oh they started the my-decision-is-better-debate. Shivaay gritted his teeth, with a cordial face on the outside, as he saw her from a distance. It wasn't hard for him to tell where she was. As a matter of fact it was just one look on his personalized App. 

She was supposed to fight like that with him. Just him. That was how they were, before the wedding, and this little comparison didn't go well with him. Wasn't he the only one she argued that way with? A little cutely, where he admired her more and argued less. Where he said things to make her roll her eyes and then later get into attack mode. She was hot like that he thought.

"Okay, let's grab a coffee, the cafe here is amazing." Vikram suggested.

"We have better work."

"God, I m not calling you for a date, its coffee. I need one alright! Now don't you Boss me!"

Anika laughed, throwing her head back. "Okay okay. I think I can have one too, won't feel sleepy then." She walked over with him, "Plus we can decide before the meeting to avoid an argument later." She added. He mentally smacked himself. The annoying coworker would be back. But he liked her better, now. Percase it was her status that made her more likeable- Single.