Chapter 37

Su Yun Jin. Stop dwelling on it. Don't think of Lu Lu or Zheng Xiao Tong and most definitely not Cheng Zheng. It doesn't matter if you can figure it out or not because any conclusion will make you none the happier. Yun Jin's last conscious thoughts revolved around this before she finally fell asleep from the mental exhaustion.

She was deep asleep when her phone rang. She peered at the time on her screen before answering the call. It was past midnight.

She wasn't in the least bit surprised. If he let her off easy, he wouldn't be Cheng Zheng.

"Yun Jin I'm sorry. Were you sleeping?" he asked.

"Nope. What's up?"

"I just recalled leaving a file in your car this morning. I need it urgently. I was wondering if you could pass it to me now?" There was no hint of apology in his tone.

Yun Jin sighed. "Was it in a yellow folder? When I returned home earlier, I left it with the security guard. If you need it now, go get it from them."

The line fell deathly silent for a long while.

"If there's nothing else, I'll hang up now. Thank you for the meal today." Yun Jin tried her best to be courteous.

Unfortunately, he did not pay any heed to her attempts at being civil as he mused "You must really want to avoid me."

"Cheng Zheng, what's the point of us meeting up still?"

"I don't care. Come down; I have something to tell you."

"Anything that should be said has already been said four years ago ..."

"COME DOWN NOW SU YUN JIN!"

"What do you want to tell me? You don't even know it yourself do you ... I won't be going down. If there's nothing else, I'll hang up now."

"Just you try hanging up."

Yun Jin snapped her flip-phone shut before removing the battery and lying on her bed once again. She was plagued with sleeplessness the entire night.

The next day, Lu Lu didn't show up to work. She called Yun Jin to report sick. After Yun Jin confirmed that it was a minor ailment, she didn't pursue the matter. If she really was Lu Sheng's niece, then this job was of no importance to her. Yun Jin was only worried ... When Lu Lu saw Lu Sheng, the fear and trepidation on her face was apparent. Could there be a sinister reason behind it? In this huge world, how many people truly possessed a clean past? More often than not, people had a dark secret past they didn't want dredged up.

She decided to call Yu Hua from her office. Lucky for her, it was Yu Hua's day off.

"Previously didn't you mention your hospital had a few outstanding bachelors? If it's convenient, isn't it about time you introduced one to me?" Yun Jin decided that beginning a new relationship, a new life, would help her move forward and escape the clutches of her "neighbour".

Yu Hua had been on call the night before so she had the raspy voice of a groggy person "Have you thought it through?"

"Don't you always say if one was determined to forget, one needed to start afresh? I must bury the memories completely, and as fast as possible."

Yu Hua was an efficient person. Within half a month, she arranged for Yun Jin to meet him in a formal setting. Although it was a little rushed, the other party had good qualifications. He was just over thirty and had clean features and was also one of the best in his specialty. In addition, he had a sense of humour. Even though Yun Jin had not carried high hopes, she couldn't help but admit that Dr Wu was a decent candidate.