Chapter 1: On a Plain

Why? Why on Earth did I agree to this ridiculous gimmick? I thought while putting the finishing touches on my black eyeshadow. I look at myself in the mirror, impressed once again at my amazing transformation from conservative hipster to, what I like to call, a cheap hooker. My ring gear consisted of leather booty shorts, leather crop top, wrestling boots, and the occasional leather jacket. You could have guessed that I'm in head to toe black leather right now, and you'd be spot on. I'm still not sure why Vince thinks this looks good on me, and not the raven-haired lady Paige.

"Speak of the devil." I mumble to myself as Paige arrives in the makeup area. She sits in a chair and begins having her hair straightened, glaring at me the entire time. Minutes later, we both walk to the gorilla and start stretching out for our match.

"Good luck out there, Mother Teresa. You're gonna need it." She says, rolling the knots from her neck. I roll my eyes at her nickname, annoyed that she keeps repeating it. It's not that I didn't like Mother Teresa, I loved her actually, but that was my nickname around the Diva's locker room, due to my beliefs on world peace.

"Yeah, yeah. Just remember that when world war three starts." I say, beginning my squat warmup. I did squats backstage before every match, which usually calmed me down and prepared me. I always need to be calm and it's not like I can just meditate in the middle of the floor. Paige's music blasts thought the arena, earning her a mix of cheers and boo's. I watch backstage as she makes her way to the ring, still amazed that she doesn't have my gimmick.

"You're on in 3, 2,1" The backstage guy says before starting my music. I cross the curtain, only to be met by a stadium of boo's. Oh, yeah. Did I mention I play a heel? Another thing that definitely doesn't fit me but I was forced into. I climb into the ring and immediately get in Paige's face. The referee separates us and signals for the bell to ring, starting the match.

* * *

"And here is your winner, Paige!" Lillian Garcia exclaims into the microphone as I lay breathless on the mat, still experiencing the pain of the scorpion crosslock. This was absolute bullshit. I had that match won but I had to let Paige win, all because we were in her hometown. I push myself off the mat and stand, taking in the crowd's loud boo's. I forgot how tough these British crowds are!

I roll out of the ring and storm backstage, interrupting Paige's interview with Renee Young. "Who do you think you are? Huh? The only reason you won is because we're in your hometown. If we were still in America, your ass would be knocked out in the middle of that ring right now." I say, our noses only inches apart.

Paige snickers, a sinister grin on her face. "Oh you've got to be kidding me. I can beat you anywhere. Here, California, India, Russia. You name it and I'll be there."

"This Friday night on Smackdown. You and me, strap match." I say, smirking as the looks of worry flood her face. Technically, strap matches were now banned here in the WWE after we switched to TV-PG. That meant I was going to get an earful from Stephanie and Triple H later. Once somebody made an improv match on live TV, they had to schedule it.

"Fine. I'll see you then." She says, knowing we were about to get punished in a severe way. I nod before leaving the interview area, making sure to bump Paige's shoulder as I left. As soon as I was out of the camera's view, I saw Stephanie and Hunter storming over to me, looking more pissed than I expected.

"What the hell were you thinking, Scarlett? You know those matches are banned now!" Stephanie screams, causing the vain in her neck to make an appreance.

"I panicked, ok? What did you want me to do, just make a plain match?" I could tell by their silence that that's exactly what they wanted me to do, and I messed it up. "Look, I'm sorry. That was the first match that popped into my head and I said it. I'll happily take whatever punishment you have for me."

They exchange looks of uncertainty. Maybe they didn't have any punishment for me yet.

"We'll talk about that later. Just, go get a shower and start driving to London." Stephanie says before walking away, Hunter in tow. I do as I was told, not wanting to dissapoint The Authority any further.

After two and a half hours, I finally arrive in London. To my surprise, the city was relatively quiet, except for a few cars here and there. I check into the hotel and go to my room, falling asleep instantly.

* * *

Yay! I finally started this! I hope you like this chapter!

Like

Comment

Share

Till next time!