Chapter 10: Sliver

-3 weeks later-

Things have been a lot better these past few weeks. I'm completely healed, both mentally and physically, from Brock's attack. Seth and I are on great terms. Roman and I have grown a lot closer, thanks to his new girlfriend, who I had the pleasure of meeting at a double date she had set up. I had the honor of being Brie's bridesmaid at her wedding. All in all, things were going great with everyone in my life.

Except Dean.

Ever since that night, we haven't spoken. Dean is pretending it didn't happen, like he doesn't remember it. Little does he know, I remember it vividly.

Flashback

Dean's arms were now wrapped around my waist, directing my body in sync with the music. He moved closer until his abs were rubbing against my back. I could feel the love in his embrace, which made it hard for me to resist his touch. I finally relaxed against his body and laid my head back on his shoulder. His eyes felt like lasers on my lips, making me highly uncomfortable, until his lips met my cheek with a delicate kiss. I was too overwhelmed with this new side of Dean to worry about my favorite band playing before me, something I found hard to believe.

The song ended and Dean finally released his hold on me. We followed the herd of fans outside and into the busy parking lot. Dean spotted his blue 1972 Plymouth Barracuda and quickly got inside. I followed behind, feeling weird as the car filled with silence. I had a feeling this was going to be quickly forgotten.

End flashback

I couldn't have been more right. The only interactions we have now are awkward glances and nods. I'm not sure if Roman and Seth have noticed, lets pray that they haven't just for poor Dean's sake. I don't need Seth trying to kill him over something so stupid. It was a mistake, and that's how it's going to stay.

Anyways, Extreme Rules is in less than a week. This weekend actually. This feud with Evolution has been going amazing, all thanks to me for coming up with the idea in the first place. Even Ric Flair is involved! He showed up on Raw this week to give his, I don't know, "blessing", to The Shield. Hunter was beyond shocked when Ric turned his back on them, but they deserved it. They need to understand that we're not just going to sit here and take this from them any longer.

"Scarlett, are you listening to me?"

My head snaps away from the linoleum floor that had become so intriguing to me. Seth was sitting across from me sipping on an Orange Julius. He had insisted on taking me to the mall for a shopping spree, something I felt was way too much. Why would I spend $30 on one shirt when I can get 5 flannels for the same price at Goodwill? That's just the way I saw it.

"Yeah, I was just thinking of something. What were you saying?"

Seth just smirks and grabs our bags as we began walking to our favorite store, Hot Topic. Don't get me wrong, I loved wearing my hippie clothes, but now that I was dating Seth, I felt like a teenager again. Whenever I'm with him, he makes me feel young, like we're teenagers in puppy love. Also considering my gimmick and new position as a manager, I was going to need a lot more of Seth's type of clothing.

"I love this place so much." Seth exclaims as we enter the store filled with teenagers with piercings and tattoo's of all sorts.

I quickly spot an Alice In Chains shirt hanging on the wall and practically run over to it. It was simple, just a black shirt with their logo and name on the front. I imagined a complete outfit right then and there, and it was absolutely perfect. After grabbing my size, I continued looking for more accessories for my new wardrobe.

Walking over to the jewelry, I saw the prettiest belly ring on the planet. It was a gray color, almost like lithium, and had a crescent moon on the top. Of course, I picked it up and added it to my collection. Next was jeans. Seth was right about the selection here; it's either ripped or discolored. I couldn't find one simple pair of blue jeans, meaning I had to settle with holes and oxblood.