Lullabye (Peterick)

CATEGORY: Fluff
FEATURING: dating!Peterick
TRIGGER WARNING: MENTIONS OF DIVORCE AND STRESS
PROMPT: There's only one thing that can calm Pete down when he's sressed, and that's Patrick.
WORD COUNT: About 600 (short)
This was cliché but hopefully you still find it cute
Also I took the picture up top so

Pete was stressed.

Most of the time, he felt okay. Pretty good, even. He did decent in school, and he had decent friends. His family wasn't the best, but he spent most of his time at home in his room, so they didn't really bother him. Pete also had a boyfriend that he absolutely adored, a boy named Patrick. Just being around Patrick could usually make Pete happy.

Tonight, though, Pete was stressed. Not only were finals coming up, but his parents had been fighting a lot, and Pete even overheard the word 'divorce' a few nights ago. It wasn't looking too good.

The stress was making Pete lose his mind a little, which is why he called Patrick.

It was almost midnight, but Patrick came anyway. Pete let him in the side door, and they crept up the stairs to Pete's room. His parents never came in there, so they'd be safe. They probably wouldn't care about Patrick's presence if they did come in, anyway.

Patrick didn't ask why Pete had called him, and Pete didn't explain. They just laid together on Pete's messy bed, one of Pete's arms around Patrick's waist, their legs tangled together, their foreheads almost touching. This was the way they liked it.

This had happened a few times before, when Pete was upset or when he just wanted to see his boyfriend. They'd go up to Pete's room and talk, cuddle, maybe make out a bit, and eventually fall asleep. Patrick would wake up when his phone alarm went off, and he'd go back home around four in the morning, so his parents wouldn't know he was gone.

Eventually, Patrick moved his face closer to Pete's, possibly to kiss him, but Pete turned his head away, nestling it into Patrick's chest instead.

Patrick didn't seem upset, only concerned. "You okay?"

"Yeah." Pete sighed quietly. "Just a little stressed, is all."

They both stayed quiet for a moment, any thoughts floating around in their head staying put in their brains. Pete was tired, and he wanted to go to sleep, but the stress of finals and the fight between his parents was keeping him awake.

"Patrick, can you sing something?" he asked suddenly.

The other boy blinked his baby blue eyes open. "Sing?"

"Yeah." Pete nestled a bit closer.

He expected Patrick to criticize him, or question him further, but Patrick closed his eyes again, and started to sing in the soft, clear voice of an angel.

"Honey is for bees, silly bear.
Besides, there's jelly beans everywhere.
It's not what it seems in the land of dreams;
Don't worry your head, just go to sleep.
It doesn't matter how you feel.
Life is just a Ferris wheel:
It's always up and down,
Don't make a sound.
When you wake up, the world will come around.
It's just the sweet weather and the peacock feathers,
In the morning, it will all be better.
It's not what it seems in the land of dreams;
Don't worry your head, just go to sleep.
When you wake up, the world will come around.
Honey is for bees, silly bear.
Besides, there's jelly beans everywhere.
It's not what it seems in the land of dreams;
Don't worry your head, just go to sleep."

The soothing tone of Patrick's voice, combined with the sweet lyrics, finally calmed Pete down. He kissed Patrick's cheek. "That was beautiful. Did you write that?"

Patrick nodded, a bit shyly. "I'm glad you like it."

They cuddled for a bit longer, and eventually, Pete leaned up and turned off the light on his bedside table. "'Night, 'Trick."

"'Night Pete."