chapter 16

i haven't contacted noah since the day he came. its been a week of straight no talking and i want to apologize so badly. 

currently folding the rest of the clothes i need to before clocking off the morning shift. tomorrow is the first day of October and in a couple weeks is my grandmothers birthday. Lilly still hasnt called or anything about how she is doing and i am getting really worried.

i knew grandma was sick but i didnt think she was that bad. 

"Alexa youre off the clock hun." Leslie called from the cashier.

"okay thank you." i walked to the back to grab my things before proceeding to leave the store. 

my phone started to ring and it was my mum. 

"hello mother." i said into the phone

"you need to come home." my mum quickly said into the phone.

"mum i told-" she cut me off.

"love." her voice cracked "your grandmother passed 20 minutes ago." she then started to cry.

"no, no, no" i whispered into the phone.

"i will email you tickets for coming back please come. and stay until her funeral please." my mum begged. i knew she was serious because she never spoke to me like this.

"okay." i whipped a tear away. "call the moving company, ill come home." 

"okay love." with that she hung up. 

i walked back into the shop i worked at and went up to leslie.

"Leslie i have to put in my two weeks, my grandmum passed and i am moving back home. im so sorry." i cried.

"Oh sweetheart its okay." she came around the counter and engulfed me into a tight hug. she let me cry and when she pulled away she had whipped my tears away. "call em, and have her help you okay?"

i nodded my head and replied, "okay thank you so much leslie." we hugged one last time and i walked out of the store. 

i decided to text noah. 

to noah- can we meet?

he replied right away.

from Noah- of course.

to noah- my flat?

from noah- on my way.

i locked my phone and made my way home.

~~~~

i boiled some water to make some tea. i asked noah if he wanted coffee because i knew he didn't like tea. 

i sat down with my tea and gave him his coffee. 

"sooo, i dont know how to say this." i started while adding a sugar to my tea. i took a deep breath in and let it out. "my grandmum passed today..." i started to tear up. "and i have to go back home." 

i whipped some of my tears. my breath was very shaky and i was waiting for his reply.

"im so sorry." he apologized. he looked stunned. 

"i-i just wanted to tell you because you where a big part of my time here in america, and though we had our fights i will always remember the amazing person who you are." i smiled while wiping a tear that escaped my eye. 

"i will never forget you, Alexandress." he laughed trying to make light of the situation.

"OH MY GOSH." i threw my head back. 

"just one question." he said.

~noah~

"who was the guy in the picture and why did you care so much about the frame?" i asked trying to answer the question i have been wondering for the whole week that we didnt talk. 

"well..." she started. she went on and on about what happened to her boyfriend back in london.

not going to lie, i started crying. 

"Ale, i am so sorry." i ran my hands over my face to wipe my tears. she was a mess too. i got up and grabbed the napkins and handed her a couple. 

we sat there for hours talking.

"its getting late and em is coming over to help me pack." she said. "ill walk you out?" 

i got up and walked with her to the door.

"ill miss you so much." she looked up at me. 

"you have no idea." she came in for a hug and i hugged back. 

"good bye noah." 

"goodbye alexa." 

her closing that door screwed with me. and thats the last time i will ever see her. i felt a tear rolling down my face and i quickly wiped it away. 

~another week later (alexa)~

 i was officially all packed. since i was moving back with my mum i sold my furniture and kept my bedroom things. 

i walked through my now empty flat and looked around. i got an idea and i unpacked my knifes and grabbed one. i walked into what used to be noah's room and carved a small n into the closet. i walked into my room and did the same but with an a. 

this flat will never forget us, and i will never forget it. tomorrow is the day i go back home. yesterday was the day that i spent with em and zack for our big goodbye. 

i cried so much yesterday and so did em. zack being the "man" he is he didnt cry. but em texted me saying that she caught him shedding a tear. 

i am going to miss them so much.

but this isnt the last time im going to be in america. emily had told me about this tradition her group of people that she knows have every year on new years to be set up with someone, which is by the time its midnight you and the other person will be matched up and share a new years kiss. she says it works every year. theres always 3 matches that work out. her and zack being one of them.

given me being single i went ahead and said yea to it. but in order to participate you had to put in 60$. she said its for the scavenger hunt we will be put on. since i trusted her i gave her a bit more than that just to make sure everyone had enough. i honestly cant wait for it.

i wonder if i will get matched with anyone. or if it will be successful. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i knowwwww this chapter is so short but i promisseeee the next one will be a bit longer. but it might take a bit to write. the story is almost going to end, i will try my best to extend out the story but i dont think it will be more than 25 chapters but no less than 20! i am also getting a great idea for another story which i will be publishing after i am 100% finished with this one.