Meeting Them

My heart was racing no doubt about that, I was about to meet my parents, the biological ones.

"We actually want you to make it to the restaurant, breathe bitch breathe " announced Paul from the front seat. He was driving me to the restaurant and Alex would pick me up.  I calmed down on my seat, I can do this I've already met them before anyways, I told myself as we parked.

" Good luck try not to collapse" says Paul as he gets down and heads to the passenger seat to open the door for me, I smile at him as he helps me down.

" Did the Lord talk to you last night? " I ask him.

" Whatever do you mean" he says with a smirk.

"Suddenly acting like a gentleman " I mumble.

" Well in case you haven't realized I open the door for every beautiful girl " he says with a wink I laugh at his comment he was being a real flirt lately but I took it to no mind he was like a brother to me.

He went back in his car and waved as I walked to the restaurants entrance, I was excited but scared in unison as my eyes caught my parents sitting on the chair outside holding the device that would inform us when it's time for us to get seated. We were at Olive Gardens my second favorite restaurant after chili's. I wonder how they knew that.

"Hi" I say with a wave as I stand in front of them, they smiled back. They looked way less menacing when they were Claude in earthly clothes.

"Hey so"- My mom gets cut off with the flashing red light well not that it was that bright but it was our turn.

"Well let's head in I've been watching all these people enter and it's increased my hunger" says my dad as he stands up outstreching a hand for my mother she takes it and we enter the restaurant a guy gets us seated and he sneaks me glances every 2 seconds I was getting very uncomfortable under his constant stares not that he wasn't cute.

I finally relaxed when he left but then he had to return with our drinks a few minutes later. He handed me my lemonade and I took it with a smile. Sipping and trying to avoid his gaze. He left again after taking our orders.

"So what's with the weird stares between you guys" asks my mother. I shrug.

"Wait can't you read minds " I ask them confusingly.

" No not for humans unless they did something wrong" announced my dad. Well he was doing something wrong constantly stating at me like I was a hot and delicious chocolate dessert that he wanted-

"Okay let's stop there"  says my dad. I look at him confusingly did he just read my mind but I haven't done anything wrong.

"Your our daughter and yes you have we know everything " says My mom with a wink. Oh shit this just go crazy, it would be impossible to lie to these people. My parents laugh and I laugh along finally relaxing in my seat.

"So favorite color hobby future career? " asks my dad. Right.

" Um my favorite color is blue umm I like sports singing and some things girly" I say, this triggered some memories of my first date with Alex.

"Oh what's was it like let me tell you your father over there took me to a public pool for our first date and it started raining and my hair was ruined but the next day he transformed my house into a spa and had people come in and everything " says my mom, I laugh. The fact that they could hear my every thought was creepy but then it was fun in a way I could just answer them in my thoughts. As the night went on we talked about..... Everything, their life my life, we even rated people's clothes and attitude.

Soon the food came in and the guy was back with a smile.

"Miss me" he says.

"No she didn't but she could use a refill" says my mother holding up my glass to him, he roles his eyes but serve our food making sure to grunt and whisper incoherent things.