12: Reunited

Today is my last day in Mexico. The past two weeks have gone by so incredibly fast, and I've been working my ass off doing photo shoots every day. I've also been FaceTiming Alex every minute off my free time and texting him whenever I could, of course.

Now, I'm just finishing up my last photoshoot on the beach, and as soon as it's over I get to leave. Since my bags are all already packed and and in Ainsley and I's rental car, all I have to do it go to the airport and get on my flight back home once it's over.

"Okay, Dakota. You're all done," the photographer says, taking a look at the pictures he just took.

I get up off of the beach towel and throw my hair behind my shoulders.

"Thank you, Johan," I say, and my wardrobe lady takes me into my dressing room to have my change into the green tank top and shorts I was wearing before I got changed into my swimsuit. I also throw Alex's hoodie over my top even though I knew it would make me overheated beyond belief.

While in Mexico I got a really good tan from the beach and a ton more freckles everywhere, but Alex said he liked my freckles when I showed him them on FaceTime so I'm not complaining.

The wardrobe ladies help me take off the foundation all over my body and the makeup on my face.

I let Ainsley take everything off except for my mascara because I liked how long my lashes were with it on.

The hot sun really helped my skin, so now it's completely clear and smooth and looks good without makeup on. Plus without makeup you can see all of my freckles.

I smile to myself as I absentmindedly comb my fingers through my soft, recently straightened hair. I'm going to see Alex in a couple of hours and I'm so excited to see him, and I know he's excited to see me too.

"Ready to go?" Ainsley asks me, twirling the rental car keys in her hand. I nod, and together we make our way to the car.

"So, spill the details about Alex, please," Ainsley begs me as soon as we get into the car.

"I know we look like a couple, but we're not. However there is a slight possibility that I may have a crush on him," I tell Ainsley as we start driving.

"Really? Oh my god I SO ship you guys. You'd be adorable together," Ainsley fangirls.

"We're not dating, Ains. And I don't even know if he likes me back," I tell her.

"Oh course he does! Have you seen the way he looks at you? It's like you're his entire world," Ainsley informs me.

"Really? He does?" I ask, suddenly smiling.

"He really does," Ainsley nods.

I am overwhelmingly happy the rest of the ride, riding off the adrenaline high I have form the excitement of going back home and seeing Alex again. I really did miss him with my whole heart, and I'm incredibly happy that I get to see him again in a few hours.

We shortly arrive at the airport and have to go through security and luggage check again. We go through it quickly with no problems, and soon we're back in an airplane together once again.

I sit down in my seat and make myself comfortable. I cuddle up against the window and sniff in the very faint smell of Alex from his hoodie, since I've been wearing it almost everyday for the past two weeks and the scent is nearly gone.

I quickly whip out my phone and send Alex an excited closed eye selfie on Snapchat with the caption "so excited to see you in a couple hours!" Just like I did on the flight here.