chapter 29

"Dominique!" Akira hissed peering at Dominique's sleeping form that was just about visible with the aid of the dying fire. 

"Pst!" she called. Still he did not stir. 

"Rebal?" she tried again. Nothing, no response, Dominique was fast asleep.  

Rolling her eyes Akira looked around. Seeing one of Dominique's boots lying around she grinned in satisfaction. She picked it up with a mischievous glint in her eyes before she tossed it at Dominique's sleeping form. It hit him right on the head. 

"What the...!" Dominique shot upright, his eyes wide and a knife clutched in one hand, ready to defend himself against his attacker. 

"Shh!" Akira scolded him as she stood before him, a finger on her lips. 

"What?" Dominique hissed, looking somewhat bleary eyed 

"Let's go," Akira told him turning to leave. 

"Go where?" Dominique asked, feeling somewhat confused. 

Akira whirled around, placing a hand on her hips and looking at Dominique disapprovingly. "To get Redemption of course!" she told him, seeming somewhat confused that he wouldn't know why she had woken him. 

"What?" Dominique asked in disbelief. They had just gotten back from Academy city and he had finally managed to go to bed, planning to sleep through what remained of the night, and here Akira was, already back to her old fantasy about being the rider of legend, wanting to go out. Had almost hanging not knocked any sense into her mind at all? 

"Come on," Akira urged, already making her way from the cave. When she realized that Dominique wasn't following she turned around only to find that had had turned over on his stomach and laid his head back down, purposely ignoring her. 

"Oh no you don't," Akira growled. She marched up to Dominique and grabbing his legs began to pull him. 

"Hey!" Dominique yelped as he was dragged along the cold cave floor. 

Akira let out a frustrated grunt, hoping he hadn't woken anyone else up, and yet continued to pull, dragging him a few meters before pausing, panting as she tried to catch her breath. 

"What do you think you're doing?" Dominique hissed, craning his neck so that he could shoot her a glare. 

"What does it look like I'm doing?" Akira grunted as she proceeded to start pulling him across the cave floor once again. "Since you won't..." she paused to catch a breath of air, "come willingly..." she huffed as she tugged extra hard, "I'm going to drag you," she tugged again, "All the way to Breeze, and then," she let out another gasp, "We're going," she tugged harder, "To get Redemption." She paused and dropped his feet. "You weigh a tone," she complained. 

Dominique rolled onto his back and glared up at Akira before he grudgingly got to his feet. He stared down at his dust covered clothes before looking back up at Akira. "Take Breeze and just go on your own if you want to go so badly," he told her, yawning. 

"No way, I need you," Akira replied firmly. 

"Why?" Dominique asked, just wanting to crawl back into bed. 

"Because you," Akira jabbed him in the chest with her finger, "Were the one to call me," she pointed a finger at herself, "To this time." 

"So?" 

"So?" Akira repeated in disbelief. "Hello! That means just a piece of armor and a field isn't going to be enough. YOU have to call Redemption forth or it won't work!" 

"Great," Dominique muttered sarcastically. 

"You're doing this," Akira glared at him, daring him to disagree.