Chapter Thirteen: I'm In the Hospital

Recap:

Jordan and Declan made up and now everyone is friends again- not that they ever stopped in the first place. Jordan's mom invited everyone to eat some Indian food -now I'm craving for some biryani and anything else spicy- after almost destroying her kitchen. Then, as Jordan goes to get the food delivery, his dad pops in. Not allowing his father be able to finish the classic Star Wars one-liner, Jordan slams the door shut.

And that's what you miss on GLEE!

~

"Jordan!" Mrs. Wallace scolded him, getting up from her seat and walking to the door.

She grabbed Jordan's arm and looked at him, but Jordan remained emotionless. I saw her look at the door and for a moment it seemed her hand holding onto Jordan was shaking.

As Mrs. Wallace opened the door, she began, "Jacob I-"

Only, he wasn't there. Instead, a different man stood in front of the door.

"Sorry, no, I'm not Jacob."The man looked at his notepad. "I got an order for Anne Wallace?"

"Jordan, can you please pay for the order. I have to-"

"Why do you have to go after him?" Jordan muttered. "He left us once and he just left us again."

Someone coughed and Jordan's father suddenly appeared behind the delivery man. "I'm actually still here."

No one said anything.

"Is it a bad time to say I really love Indian food?"

"Yes," Jordan and his mother told him.

"Jacob, just go downstairs to the lobby," she said. "You really should have called me first."

He looked at the ground, rubbing his neck. "I wanted to surprise you guys."

"Mission accomplished," Jordan grumbled.

"Don't act like this, Jordan," his mother lectured him. "Especially not in front of..." She looked at the rest of us.

"Mom, we-" he motioned to me, Declan, and Bennett "-are actually family. You don't have to do anything for this guy."

Jordan looked at his father who wore a pained look in his eyes.

She closed her eyes and sighed. "We'll talk about this later." Mrs. Wallace then looked at Jordan's father. "You're coming with me," she said as she grabbed his arm and left the apartment.

Wordlessly, Jordan paid the delivery man then set the food down onto the coffee table. When he went to the kitchen to grab plates and utensils, I looked at the others who seemed as lost as I was.

"What just happened?" I demanded.

"Don't look at me," Declan said, panicked. "How am I supposed to know?"

"I wonder what spices they put into this biryani...," Bennett muttered to himself.

"Bennett," Declan and I said together.

"He's the reason," Jordan said as he walked back into the room.

Declan and I shared a look.

"For you acting out? Acting like a child?" Bennett asked, grabbing a plate from Jordan and filling it up with some chicken tikka masala.

"Save some for the rest of us," Jordan muttered. "And yeah."

I ate some roti since the others were taking up the other dishes. "You don't have to tell us Jordan. You said that you'd want to tell us when the time is right."