Chapter Four: An Otome Game?

"How do I look?"

"Jordan, you look fine," I said in exasperation.

"You shouldn't lie to him, Naomi," Declan said.

Bennett coughed but didn't say anything as he continued to drive the car.

"Whatever," Jordan said as he checked his reflection in the window some more. "I just want to look good in front of all these girls."

I stared at the window and muttered, "You never do that with me."

"That's because I always look good for you," Jordan told me.

"That doesn't make any sense," Declan said. "If you always look good, why bother?"

"For this moment!" Jordan exclaimed. "So you admit, I look good."

Declan looked like he wanted to throw Jordan out the car.

"Bennett," Declan said, "I want to throw Jordan out the car."

"Another time," Bennett replied. "I'm concerned people will see my license plate if we were to do that."

"Does no one care about me?" Jordan cried.

I turned the radio louder in response.

"Are you guys excited going to an all-girls school?" I asked them.

Jordan snorted. "What kind of question was that? Of course we are."

I nodded slowly and paused. "When I said before about you guys being my bodyguards... I was joking."

Bennett turned the radio off.

"Is something wrong, Naomi?" Bennett asked me.

"Was it something I said?" Jordan asked while Declan asked at the same time, "Was it something Jordan said?"

I shook my head. "No, it's not that. I just looked back and saw it was selfish of me."

"How can it be selfish of you?" Bennett asked.

"It was just that the reason I invited you was to be your wingwoman," I said. "You should be concerned about looking for that special someone. Who knows, maybe the only reason you haven't met is because of that 10-foot fence guarding them." I couldn't help but laugh at that last part.

"I'm more concerned about you," Declan said.

We shared a look and I quickly looked away, feeling a bit warm.

"Yeah I mean, Girls-shmirls," Jordan waved off. "They're nothing compared to you."

"Besides," Bennett said. "We're here to meet this new friend of yours."

"And it was Jordan who focused on the girls part instead," Declan told me. "So Bennett and I are your only friends. You're free to leave Jordan there."

I laughed at that. "Don't say that. You're all my friends. And I don't think Jordan will mind being left in an all-girls school. Whether they actually know he's there or not."

"Hey..." Jordan began, but couldn't find anything to defend himself with.

I looked at all of them before I turned back at the window, frowning.

I didn't want to go there by myself but...

I regret bringing them.

Bennett was able to find a parking spot and we all left the car to head to the school. From the distance, we already saw a congregation of people at the school gates. There were many people walking along side us as we head towards the school. I texted Lynn informing her that we're heading towards the gates and she told me that she'll find me inside.