✒Changes ❤

"Sensei?" I peek in the kitchen. He isn't there.

"Where are you?" I try to look up at the ceilings but there's still no sign of him anywhere.

"Come out you idiotic sensei!" I scream throughout the house. But there's no reply.

"Are you up here?" I climb to the roof and he isn't there either.

Where could that bastard be wandering off to? He dissapeared so early and without a word too.

Did I do something to make him mad?

Nah, if anything, I'm supposed to be the one who's mad. My body trembles just thinking of what he did. But, I am not entirely mad at all... It feels strange somehow.

I lay down on the couch and sigh heavily. What does he think he's doing? Leaving a student all alone in this creepy ass cottage.

It's not all that creepy, though. I just got this sick feeling that the owner of this cottage may haunt us... Is he really dead? Was Shinobi telling the truth? Come think of it, he isn't sure either. Damn, just recalling all of this makes my head aches.

"I'm home" The door cracks open and the ninja walks in.

Eh? Is that really him???

"S-Sensei... Is that you?"

"What? I didn't get a new haircut"

"No... It's not your hair... It's your clothes"

I stare at him up and down, making sure this isn't a dream.

"Wha? Checking me out?"

My cheeks blush red. "Stupid! Like hell I'd ever do that!"

He chuckles lightly. He's changed, I mean, his appearance changed. Instead of that lousy black ninja suit, he wears something normal people would wear.

And right now, a simple white long sleeve hoodie with blue jeans. But of course, that nuisance hell of a mask is still covering the bottom half of his face.

"Come on, stop acting surprised. I'm human, you know?"

"Yea, yeah, whatever. Where were you, by the way?" I ask.

He holds up a bag of groceries and a shopping bag. "I went shopping!"

"There's no need to sound girly saying that, you know?"

"Huh? You think I sound girly?"

I nod my head "At the moment, yes"

He sets the groceries down on the table and hands me the shopping bag. "Go put it upstairs, in our bedroom"

I flinch at the word 'our bedroom' he's making it sounds like we're married or something. Ugh! Forget it, forget it! He said he'd sleep somewhere else at first. But now we're sharing the same bed and last night we even... @#$?!

Shake the thoughts away, this is ridiculous! I set the bag on the bed and open it. Basically, it's clothes and the other bathroom needs. Just how much money did he spend on all these?

I go back downstairs and there he is. Just sitting there on a coach, stroking the blue bird from yesterday on his lap.

"How's the bird?" I ask.

"He's fine. Seems like he's able to fly again"

"Why is he still here then?"

"He loves me"

I cover my mouth with my hands to prevent laughter. "Seriously? Did he propose to you? When's the wedding?"

"Not love in that way, Kaoru. Get romance off your head, will you?"

"Eh???"

"Well guess what? I take back what I said. It's pretty hard to take romance out of your mind when you're in love, right?"

"What... What do you mean?!"

"No, nothing" He refuses to say more and keeps patting the bird.

"Then, I have a question" I say.

"What is it?" Sensei replies with his eyes still on the bird.

"Do you keep that mask on while you're in town?"

"No. There's no reason to do that"

"Really? But I thought you wanted to hide your identity... "

"The only person of have to hide myself from...is you" His eyes dart to me.

I stand in still "Why...?"

"You can't accept it, Kaoru. Not yet"

"What do you mean? Why won't I accept you?"

"I can't tell you that for now" He stands up and walks to the door. He holds the bird high up in the air.

"Come visit us sometimes, little buddy" He says as the blue bird spreads its wings and sets off to the sky.

So, we're alone again, huh?

"Come, Kaoru. Let's continue" He says, walking towards me with his hands in his pocket.

"C-Continue what...?" I step back, my face burns red.

"Come now dear, you know what I mean"

"H-huh?" He lifts my chin up to look at him in the eyes.

"Why are you so afraid? It's just training. Hurry up, I have another task for you" He says.

And here I thought he was talking about something else... Stupid me.

~•~•~•~❤~•~•~•~

What were you expecting, you naughty readers?  ^^

Comment, vote, share~