✒Home Alone ❤

"So... Today, there's no other task for me?" I ask while cleaning up the dishes. Since he made the food, he asked me to help a little.

"Yeah. I have to go out" He tells me.

"Out to where?"

"Somewhere important"

"Do you really have to go? I'll be bored to death"

"You stopped me last night, Kaoru. I can't stay this time" He says, gathering the shurikens on the table.

"I have no rights to stop you, anyway. When will you come back?"

"Hmm... I don't know. Go to sleep first, don't wait for me"

"Heh, why would I wait?" I roll my eyes. He's acting like we're couples. Actually, we aren't. Why should I care anyway?

He pulls his hood over his head. "Do you want something? I can buy stuff for ya"

"Um... Get a soccer ball!" I exclaim excitedly.

"Sure, let's play together when we have time. Take care of yourself, alright?" The ninja walks over to me and pats my head. The fact that he's taller than me is so frustrating.

"I'm not a kid" I say, slapping his hand away. "I can look after myself just fine!"

"Don't try to run away again, okay? You'll get lost" He says.

"Yes, mommy"

"I'm a male"

"Daddy then"

He smirks. Ah, shit! I fell for it! "Daddy is leaving now. See ya baby girl"

How dare him..!

"Bye"

He opens the door and goes outside. I know that if I follow him out, he wouldn't be there.

I sigh and grab the glass of the golden candies, bekko-ame and start eating. Turns out he bought this just for me since he hadn't eat any. But I think he likes them himself, too. Circumstances just won't allow him to eat.

The other day he said I was the only one whom he had to hide his identity from. Why is that so? It's not like I know him anyway.

Am I sure about that? Well, to be honest, no.

I'm pretty sure I heard his voice somewhere before. His figure isn't new to me either. That silhouette is oddly familiar, too. But who does he share those similarities with?

I absolutely have no idea.

I should just ask him. It's not easy, though. He won't tell me, I know. I'll just have to find out by myself. By training and doing the tasks he gives me, I'll gradually improve.

I get up and walk outside to gain some fresh air. I take a deep breath and let it out. I'm seriously bored. Who knows it would be this lonely being alone without that Shinobi teasing and scolding me for simplest mistakes? 

I miss dad, mom, my brothers and my friends...I hope someone will accompany me right now.

I sat down among the violet flowers that he called 'save me, doctor'. It makes me laugh just thinking how ridiculous those phrases from my second task were. How could he came up with those things?

Suddenly, I see a flying bird lowering itself by the flaps of its wings. It's coming for me. I immediately recognize the blue bird I saved the other day.

"Hey... " I greet the bird.

It chirps and lands on the ground in front of me. "You remember me too?" I say, reaching my hand out to stroke its head. The blue bird nuzzles itself against the palm of my hand.

Quite adorable, I thought. I pick the bird up and put it on my lap. I pat it gently. The bird seems really comforting.

"What? You want me to pat you like this, too?"

A flashback of what he said while he pat this bird reappears in my mind. Do I... Want him to do it?

My cheeks feel hot. I'm not blushing, am I? If there's a chance of me being patted like this, would I be happy? I don't know. I'm not sure how I'd feel nor react when it comes to this. I should probably be mad but, back there in the cave, he used to do that. It felt comfortable, I admit. Last night, I fell asleep on the tree with him, too. Did he embrace me? I hope he didn't.

I check the bird's leg. Its injury is healed already. I smile and carry the bird into the cottage with me.

I play with the bird. It just keeps nuzzling itself to me. Like a cat. I find this quite entertaining.

"Are you hungry, little one? I'll make something for you to eat. How about that?" Great... Now I'm starting to talk to an animal.

"You're not hungry yet? Ok, let's wait until noon. We'll have lunch together"
I say and keep stroking the bird.

I can't really keep track of time here. There's no clock on the wall. Should've asked him for it.

I gaze at the sky out the window. Can't really see the sun since the trees were blocking it. But still, this is a nice spot in the forest.

Today feels like years... The time goes so slow. Finally, I get up and walk to the kitchen. The blue bird spreads its wings and fly after me. It rests on my shoulder.

"I'm making Onigiri, OK? You can eat that too, right?"

The bird doesn't reply. Well, of course it doesn't.

I wash my hands and start making Onigiri. I squeeze the rice into triangle shape and wrap it up. I'm not good at cooking. I can't really cook. But at least I can afford this.

"I'm eating two of these. You can have one" I say to the bird. Then I put them in the plate and sat down on the kitchen table.

I picked one up and stuff it in my mouth. "It's good! You should definitely try it" I pick another one and place it in front of the blue bird on the table. It stare at it and touch the Onigiri with its yellow beak.

"I know I'm not expert. But my food is edible. Go on, give it a try"

Bird takes a bite and start to eat with me. It seems to be enjoying it because it's starting to eat faster than me.

"You wanna race? I'm in for it, buddy" I declare and shove the rice into my mouth.

I finish one and hurry to another one. The bird isn't going to let me win easily, either. Its beak dig into the food.

Crazy, isn't it? Food racing with a bird like this.

I finish my last one. The bird is finishing too.

"I win" I smirk at the bird. It doesn't give a damn about it, though. It seems like he didn't know we were racing at all.

I wash the plate and clean up the table. I glance at the bird. He seems stuffed... His belly is kinda big. I chuckle and pick him up.

"Look at you fatso" I laugh and put in on the coach. "Stay here a little longer, alright? I'm bored and I kind of enjoy your company"

It closes its eyes and falls asleep. I watch it silently while gently patting it. Soon, I settle myself down and sleep too.

×~•~•❤•~•~×

Vote, comment, share with your precious friends

Have you tried Onigiri?