Surprise

Libra plopped herself down at the breakfast table, slowly sinking into her seat next to Capricorn who was sipping his coffee wearily. Virgo, Sagittarius and Taurus sat with them, all eating their breakfast sluggishly.

"So, how was everyone's sleep?" Virgo broke the silence first, knowing everyone's answer would be the same as her own. Terrible.

Libra looked up from her cereal. "Do you even need to ask?"

The zodiacs spent part of the night listening to Scorpio and Aquarius bicker. Everyone narrowly avoided the two, not wanting to get in between them. Though some of the more nosy zodiac tried to listen in from behind the closed door. It was pretty clear that they had broken up. However, their conversation wasn't the worst part of the night. The two had talked and talked, and eventually reached a calm resolution. Not long after, a thunderstorm rolled in. Everyone spent the night awake, listening to rain and thunder crashing above their heads.

Then Gemini walked into the kitchen. He grabbed some cereal and poured himself a bowl, sluggishly sitting down at the dinning room table with the others. Everyone looked at him. His hair was an unruly mess and he was wearing the same shirt from the day before. He looked awfully tired.

"Gosh did you guys hear them last night?" Libra continued, rubbing her forehead. "I swear I can still hear them arguing."

"They weren't so bad. The thunder on the other hand, was bad," Sagittarius rested her chin in her palms, having given up on her breakfast muffin.

Taurus and Capricorn muttered an "Mhm" in response.

"By the way, where's Aquarius?" Virgo asked, concern in her voice.

"She's still asleep," Gemini answered.

"She is?" Virgo looked at him in confusion. "Because when I went to check on her earlier this morning she wasn't in her room."

"She's asleep in my room," Gemini answered sheepishly.

Everyone looked at him questioningly.

Gemini's face flushed with embarrassment and he looked away, pushing his hair back. "It's not like that! Nothing happened."

They didn't say anything, just stared, raising their eyebrows expectantly.

Gemini continued. "After her fight with Scorpio I went to check on her. She took it hard and was upset, so I comforted her. We talked for a while and once the thunder started she asked if she could stay in my room. I said yes and not a minute later she was out like a light. But nothing happened, I swear!"

"Okay, okay, we believe you," Virgo said.

Then Leo raced into the dinning room. "Wait, what happened?!"

"Aquarius slept in Gemini's bed," Taurus blurted out.

Leo made an 'ooh' face and then went into the kitchen to make himself breakfast.

Libra looked like she was ready to burst. She just didn't know how to handle all of this new, juicy information.

"So anyway," Capricorn said. "How's that twin thing coming for you, Gemini?"