First Snow Fall

"Oooh, the pain! The agony! Will I ever be the same again?"

Libra rolled her eyes, letting go of his hand.

After they had rescued Virgo from her cell, Ophiuchus and his crew had retreated, teleporting away before anyone could even so much as blink. That was before they heard a loud crack and a scream of pain, seeing Leo hunched over on the floor.

After that they rushed straight to the nearest hospital where they discovered that Leo had dislocated his shoulder and needed to wear a sling. The ten signs had waited in the waiting room, nervous to hear about the results when Leo ran out in a cast and sling.

"Guys, look!" He yelled.

"Is it broken?" Libra asked worriedly.

"Nah, just dislocated. But look!" He switched off the light switch. "My cast glows in the dark!"

Everyone else was pretty much okay, aside from minor cuts and bruises. Virgo on the other hand suffered from a minor concussion and was terribly weak. The doctor told her just to rest up and take it easy and so Capricorn made sure she stayed in bed and didn't exhaust herself.

"Libra, please come back! I need someone to help me to my room!"

"Leo, you can walk for yourself. You hurt your shoulder not your legs."

Leo scoffed. "Are you saying I'm not worthy of aid when I am clearly at a disadvantage?"

"I'm not saying that."

"Well, all have you know that my injury does not define me! I want to be treated normally!"

Libra rolled her eyes again and stomped away just as Gemini and Taurus walked into the living room.

"Hey, Leo, how are you holding up?" Taurus asked, punching Leo's good arm.

"Ow ow, my shoulder! Watch the shoulder!"

•••

"There we go..." Cancer said, taking one last snip before handing Virgo a mirror.
"Do you hate it?"

"I love it!" Virgo smiled at herself in the mirror, titling her head to the side. She brushed her newly cropped hair with her hand, watching as it fell just above her shoulders.

After Carina had cut Virgo's hair, Cancer decided she would clean it up and make it look nice as a way to make Virgo feel better. Virgo loved her long haired but it needed to be fixed up and she trusted Cancer to do a good job since she had a knack for hair.

"Thank you, Cancer! You're the best!"

"Anything for you!" Cancer smiled, gathering up her tools.

Then a knock sounded at Virgo's door. Capricorn walked in and Cancer couldn't help but smile to herself because of the two as she left.

"Nice hair."

"Thanks, different isn't it?"

"Yeah, so different from your long hair. I thought you said you'd never cut your hair short," Capricorn teased.

"Well, yeah, but it needed a change," she sat down on the edge of her bed, patting beside her for him to sit.

He sat down next to her, rubbing his hands together. "Seems like everything is changing now."

She cocked an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

He shrugged, looking at the floor. "It just feels that way. I mean, we just fought Ophiuchus for one thing. And it was scary, scary seeing you in that cell, bruised and chained up. It just feels like our happy, innocent days are over. Especially now that this Algol person is rising and plans to wipe us out."