[fourteen]

ivy vines and park jimin

"Angel," Taehyung began, swallowing a bite of his breakfast before continuing, "I have to go to a bank and take out my savings so we have some money to spend. You'll stay with Jimin, okay?"

(Y/n) nodded in agreement, her mouth too full with hotteok to respond vocally.

She glanced over at Jimin, who smiled at her, "We can go out to the gardens if you'd like?" He suggested generously.

Her eyes lit up at the idea; she couldn't remember the last time she had spent a day outside in the sun since Taehyung insisted on keeping her inside all the time.

"That sounds great!" She concurred. Taehyung smiled to himself seeing her so happy. He hoped that maybe staying with Jimin for awhile will help, maybe she'll feel less lonely.

"Alright then, I'll be leaving now. See you in an hour or so?" Taehyung says, standing up. His hands go to his empty plate with intentions of cleaning up, but a nicely dressed butler sweeps by and does it for him before he gets the chance.

Taehyung thanks him and bids farewell to Jimin.

Then he turns to (Y/n), "Bye, Angel." He says, leaning in. His nose brushes the top of her head, as if he was going to kiss her forehead, but suddenly lacked the confidence.

"Bye," she whispered, bashfully.

Once Taehyung leaves, Jimin grins brightly and chuckles, "Let's go!" He says, whisking (Y/n) out of the dining room and out through the back door before she could protest.

It was a little chilly outside despite the shining sun, (Y/n) wished she had an extra layer on but she didn't want to upset Jimin or waste his time after seeing how enthusiastic he was to show her his gardens. (Y/n) liked Jimin, he seemed so sweet and understanding, so - genuine.  In a lot of ways, he reminded her too much of Hoseok.

Jimin's arm goes around her shoulder gently, leading her down the cobblestone path and into the beautifully growing flora.  Cherry blossom trees lined the perimeter and though they weren't in bloom yet, their majestic branches still added an enchanting feel to the garden. Ivy vines curled around the arching arbors and grew up the fences, their tendrils stretching towards the sun. Lilacs and daisies, roses and snap dragons, orchids and so many other countless flowers grew abundantly. There was so much life, (Y/n) fingers itched to paint every last detail. Fountains and statues littered the lawn as well, adding to the fairy tale appearance of the landscape.

(Y/n)'s jaw was left ajar, her eyes wide in awe.

Jimin giggled, "The flowers aren't fully bloomed yet but it's still very pretty. You like it?"  He asked.

The girl nods, letting her fingers caress the leaves of all the passing shrubbery as they walked, "I love it!" She exclaimed. "I wish I could come here everyday. I'd love to sit and sketch all the flowers, everything's so . . . pretty." (Y/n) remarks, unable to find a better word to express her pleasure.

Jimin watched her expression gleefully. He understood exactly why Taehyung had fallen so hard for her; her beauty, her calmness, her generosity, her incapacity to hate. The way her eyes sparkled when she liked something and her gorgeous pink lips. The way her hair seemed oh-so-touchable. The list goes on, and on, and on.

Jimin could feel himself entering a dangerous territory.

The boy grinned at her, his eyes squinting, "I'm glad. You're welcome to come here anytime you'd like."

"Really?"

"Of course. I mean, it's the least I can do, (Y/n)." He said, his tone saddening. "You're always locked up in that room, and for what? Just so Taehyung can admire you?"

(Y/n) was silent.

"Like a beautiful white dove trapped in a cage." He whispered. "If I offered you an escape right now, away from Taehyung, would you take it?" Jimin asked suddenly, sitting down on a bench.

(Y/n) didn't hesitate to respond, "No. I don't think I would."

Jimin looked taken aback. "Why?" He asked, appalled.

"Because, he's been through so much. He's suffered his whole life, I don't think Taehyung is evil. I don't think he's even bad. Just . . . damaged. Sure, he's made a lot of mistakes - everyone has, his are just much more prominent." (Y/n) explained, sitting next to him.

She took a deep breath, "I actually want to stay with him, I want to fix him. And as much as I try to deny it Jimin, I think I love him."

"There's a term for that," Jimin says after a few moments of silence.

"It's called stockholm syndrome."

short ass chapter guys sorry, I'll be quick with the next update tho!
vote and comment please, love you all
oh and one more thing, I'm looking for someone to look over this book and help me edit/give me some harsh constructive criticism. If you're interested or know someone who likes to review people's work please don't hesitate to let me know!
6/28/18