[twenty four]

madness

"What is wrong with you lately?" Yoongi asked, frustrated as he glared down at his disheveled boyfriend - messy hair, tired eyes, and bare chest.

"Nothing. Not like you'd notice anyways, you're always too busy with composing." Hoseok responded, averting his eyes as he muttered. His arms wrapped the blanket tighter around his bare shoulders and his head hit the pillow again - all he'd been doing this past month seemed to just be sleeping.

"Bullshit! What do you mean I wouldn't notice? I'm sorry I've been so busy lately but now I'm sitting here trying to ask you what's wrong and you're giving me a shitty attitude!" Yoongi says, raising his voice. Hoseok just rolled his eyes and groaned.

"Well, I'm fine, okay! Nothing's wrong, I'm just tired." He shouted back.

Yoongi took a deep breath to control his anger and paced back and forth across the bedroom. "You're lying. I know you are. You don't have to pretend you're okay, I know this is hard. First your best friend goes missing and a few weeks later so does the investigator working the case. I get it, baby, but don't shut me out." He said, sitting on the edge of the bed and rubbing gentle circles on Hoseok's back.

"I love you, okay. I'm sorry I haven't been around a lot but I'm here now and I want to make you feel better." Yoongi assured.

The trembling and gentle sobs that followed was sudden. Hoseok kept his back turned to Yoongi, and silently cried, everything he had been holding in since he backed out of that long driveway with out his best friend began spilling out. Yoongi sat patiently, and kept a comforting hand on Hoseok's back that trembled with each shuttering breath.

"Yoongi, I saw her." He cried. The elder raised his eyebrows in confusion, "What do you mean, you saw her? No one knows where she is . . ." He asked.

Hoseok took a deep breath and gulped the thick saliva gathering in his mouth, "That day I went to the investigator to check in on the case, I went on his computer. I found an address in Busan."

"Jung Hoseok, what are you insinuating?"

"I went to see her," he began to cry again, and not a deep poetic type of cry - a choked, painful, very, very ugly cry. "She was fine, Yoongi, but she seemed so scared! I - I wanted to tell someone, anyone, I wanted to tell the police but I didn't want too put her in danger!"

Yoongi was silent.

"The sheer thought that whoever took her there was going to see me with her seemed to terrify her. I couldn't help but think if I told anyone, I'd be next, just like the investigator. Or worse, (Y/n) would be killed! I'm so, so sorry, Yoongi, I'm sorry!" He sobbed.

Yoongi layed down on the bed behind him and clutched onto Hoseok's body. He wished he could offer words of comfort, he wished he could tell him what he'd been hiding as well - that he knew where (Y/n) was this whole time, and he had connections with Taehyung. But, he is selfish. He won't tell Hoseok. He doesn't even know how.

But now he fears that Taehyung - the one person he's known his entire life, with pitch black eyes and an even blacker heart - has gone too far to be saved and the fact that Hoseok has been exposed to him, terrifies him.

"Baby," he says.

"Yeah?" Hoseok sniffles.

"You need to go to the police station tomorrow morning and you need to tell them everything. I know that's scary and you feel like you are putting (Y/n)'s life on the line, but Hoseok, now you're in danger and I need you to be safe." Yoongi tells him, kissing the back of his neck gently.