trees

Jisung and Chenle were sat at their lunch table with their friends, most from other grades.

Most of them didn't know they were together so they had to hide their affection in a way.

They sneakily held hands under the table, and exchanged looks at one another when the rest weren't paying attention.

Ten looked over and saw their hands interlocked

He stood up behind them and lifted their hands,

"What's going on here, little ones?" He said with a huge smirk on his face.

Chenle quickly covered his face with his other hand and Jisung looked down ignoring the numerous 'oohs' from the table.

Johnny and taeyong looked at each other and smiled knowingly.

Renjun looked down and scratched the back of his head, looking sort of upset,

"So are you guys a thing?" He plastered a fake smirk on his face.

Before chenle could say anything he was stopped by his cousin, Kun, walking up behind him and pulling him out of the cafeteria to talk.

"Chenle... Does she.."

"Don't say it.. please. I don't want to talk about it."

Kun saw the still healing cuts on Chenle's upper-arm.

"What happened to- oh god, chenle did she do it again?"

"I said I don't want to talk about it, Kun."

They both stopped when they heard someone in the hallway clear their throat.

They both froze, turning to see Renjun awkwardly standing in the hallway.

He stood there for a second before walking past them,

he didn't want to eavesdrop, but he'd already heard a lot.

He walked back into the cafeteria and sat down next to jaemin.

"What's wrong, renjun?"

He looked over at him and shook his head and with a cute smile said nothing, that he's fine.

Chenle walked back into the cafeteria, picking up his bag and told everyone that he had to leave.

"What? Why?" Jisung stood up, and started to walk but chenle stopped him,

"I'm fine, it's nothing, I'll be home later , okay?"

Jisung nodded uneasily and sat back down.

Johnny looked at taeyong, and taeyong quietly got up and followed chenle out while he heard the others asking if they were living together, etcetera.

"Chenle!" Taeyong yelled to him after finally seeing him sitting outside of the school building.

Chenle had his head down on his knees and his arms around his head.

Taeyong immediately crouched down and hugged chenle, feeling chenle wrap his arm around his neck.

He was softly crying and all taeyong could do was shush him.

"What is it, chenle? What did Kun do?"

Chenle sat back and sniffeled, finally managing to talk.

"He made me talk about her, and what she did, and jisung and it made everything so much more real.. I knew it happened but talking about it I just.. i-"

Chenle burst into tears again, and Taeyong pulled him into his embrace,

"Shh, lele. It's okay. She can't hurt you now. You're safe."

~ time skip ~

Taeyong finally let chenle leave so long as he promised to message him later.

Chenle walked down the road for a while, then sat under some trees at a park, just thinking.

"Worthless excuse for a son, that's what you are."

"Faggot"

"I drink because of you."

Chenle found himself crying again.
He covered his face and tried to cry as quietly as possible, but let out little whines.

He didn't realize that Jisung had called him a few times until he finally looked down at his phone.

3 missed calls - sungie ♡♡

- Chenle? Where are you?

- are you okay?

- chenle you're scaring me.

                    Sorry, I'm at the park.

- do you need me there?

                                               Please

Without hesitation jisung ran to the park. He didn't pay attention to the people around him, he just wanted to see chenle and make sure he's ok.

He finally reached the park and saw Chenle leaned against a tree, his head in his arms.

Jisung ran up to him on the hill, and carefully lifted the elders head up.

His face was red and tears streaked his face,

"Oh god, Chenle.." jisung whispered to himself, pulling chenle in for a hug.

Chenle accepted then buried his face into the crook of Jisung's neck.

"I'm sor- sorry, jisung"

"Shh, this isn't your fault, baby."

" I love you so much, jisung. "

"I love you too, chenle. Please, don't cry."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm sorry that I broke my promise of this being happy.

But it'll get better.

This is one of the longest chapters I have i think

I promise I'll make the next one happy, yeah?

Also I forgot to mention that between most chapters it's a few days later.

Thank you to all who have supported me

~m