chenle--

"God am i really going to do this?" chenle whined looking at the uber message saying they were there.

He looked down at the hoodie Jisung gave him,

"Goodbye, jisung."

He walked out of his house and put his belongings in the car then sat in the passenger seat.

"Airport 24-a, correct?" the driver asked.

chenle nodded and stared at the picture of Jisung he had as his lockscreen,

"You alright, man?"

Chenle sighed, "I guess."

"Look, i know i'm just some random uber driver but if you want to talk to me you can, my name is Mark."

Chenle smiled a little, " My friend's name is also mark. I'm gonna miss him."

"Why are you leaving then?"

"Because it's better if i do, trust me." chenle sighed and messed with the sleeves of his hoodie.

"Are you sure you want to leave them? You seem so sad."

"Yes? God i don't know but i already bought the ticket and left a note, it's gone too far now."

"well , why are you leaving?"

"God this is going to sound insane" Chenle sighed, " i was friends with this guy for a few years, almost three, and I liked him. We finally got together and uh.. my- my mom found out. Have you seen the news?"

"Yeah i watch it all the time."

"does the name zhong sound familiar?" Chenle gulped looking over at mark.

"Oh.. you're chenle. I'm so, so sorry." Mark said rubbing chenles arm then putting his hand back on the steering wheel.

"Well um, after that i moved in with this guy and my ex-girlfriend turned into a psychopath and was determined to ruin mine and my friend's lives. She'd make fun of my mom at school, stage things to make him think i was cheating on him and it got to the point where she caused us physical harm. She made our canoe flip and it caused jisung a fractured leg."

"Jesus she sounds horrid."

"She is. That's not the worst part, another one of my friends liked me i guess, i'm still not sure, but he told the girl where we were having our party and um," Chenle looked up to try and stop the tears, his voice wavering, "She showed up and kissed me, then sent a picture to my boyfriend. He got upset and we argued, then he eventually believed she did it, but apparently he'd seen the other friend talking to my ex and smacked him and it turned out he told her to come because he was jealous, but regretted it immediately. We got in a huge argument because I don't stand up for myself. He said he couldn't stand being the cause of my pain anymore so we broke up, now i'm here."

"Wow." Mark paused, " That sounds a lot like what happened with my boyfriend and I."

"really?" chenle sniffled

"I used to let people walk all over me and he said he felt like he was failing me and we broke up. We got back together because we talked it out and now we're engaged." Mark said, raising his right hand.

"look, chenle, I know that it feels like everything is against you and I did not go through anything like you did, but are you sure you want to leave? I dont't know exactly what happened, but it sounds like he really cares about you, do you really want to leave behind all of the happy memories you had? all the laughs, smiles and 'firsts'? I know i'm just your driver and it's not any of my business, but if I were you i'd stay and try to work it out."

"Thank you, but i atleast need to take a break, let things cool off."

"are you sure?" mark asked pulling up to the airport " if you want i will take you back, no charge.'

"i- i think i'm sure, thank you, so much." chenle said getting out of the car.

"well, now you have my number. If you need anything at all, message me. consider me a friend."

Chenle waved off mark and took a deep breath, walking into the airport.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yea, mark tuan. My ult needs more appreciation so hmph.

his 'husband' is written as jackson but imagine it's whomever.

but the tea is boiling hot.

~m