sandwich

longish chapter !!

Last week mark had invited chenle,
Jisung, and the rest of their freshman friends to canoe/kayak with them.

They were getting ready when they heard Jisung's mom yell for them.

Chenle looked at Jisung with a confused look, but he just shrugged.

They both went downstairs to see two baggies with lunch in them,

"You boys are gonna be out on the water for a while, so I took the liberty of making you some lunch!" She flashed a cheesy smile, holding out the pouches.

They both heard mr.park snicker and put his head in his hand from behind his wife.

They shrugged it off and walked up the stairs and continued to pack towels and such.

"Jisung, explain to me again how you got me to accept going? You know how much I hate the water."

"Aww" Jisung hummed turning around and pulling chenle into a backhug, "I'll be with you, it'll be okay."

"You're totally mocking me right now, aren't you? " chenle said in a monotonous voice, rolling his eyes.

"ME? no I would NEVER mock your fear of water, dolphi- I mean, Chenle." Jisung chuckled, only to get elbowed in the ribs,

"OW, HARSH MUCH?!"

"No.. no I think it was appropriate." Chenle mumbled, smirking.

"Somebody is hangry." Jisung scoffed.

"Oh hush, you poked the bear."

"Yeah no, I'm gonna go get you a sandwich or something, grumpy gus."
Jisung giggled, walking downstairs to get Chenle some food.

"Hey Jisung."

"Hey momma."

"Whatcha doing?" She asked looking up from her newspaper and coffee.

"Getting chenle something to eat. He gets grumpy when he's hungry. "

"Ahh, okay. What are you making him?"

"A sandwich, he wants cheese on it but I am not touching that crap. Will you make it, please?"

"Gosh jisung, honestly." She laughed as she put the cheese on the bread.

"Thank youuu~" he hummed as he continued making the sandwich.

"So how long has it been?"

"What do you mean?"

"Since chenle and you have gotten so close."

Jisung hesitated and slowly tilted his head to face his mom,

"Uh, well.. the week before he started staying here."

She froze, seeming deep in thought for a moment,

"W-what is Chenle's last name?"

"Zhong, why?" He looked up at her.

"Was that... his mom.. on the news the other day."

"Oh god, mom, keep it down," he hushed her, now whispering. "Yes.. it was. I'm so sorry I lied to you about her being on business, but chenle wouldnt.. God he wouldn't stop crying and it hurt, so much, to see him like that. Kids bring it up at school and he looks so distraught and I just.. I can't see him like that again. Please, don't bring it up to or around him. Please."

Jisung looked at him mom with pleading eyes, and he swear he saw her wipe tears before she nodded her head.

"I'm gonna take him this, can we talk more about this tomorrow?"