Chapter 20 Acting Out

The next morning everyone left to go home, and everyone gave congratulations to our parents as they left. After everyone left, and Aunt Sally and Uncle Andrew finished getting their stuff so they can move into their new house. We all sat in the living room staring at our parents.
"I thought you guys were done having kids" says Dominic "we aren't having a kid. We're adopting. How many times do we have to say this" says Dad. "I'm fine with it. When are they arriving" I ask "tomorrow" Mom informs us. "And where will this child be staying" asked Arthur "with Violet in her room. They only have a year apart" Mom tells us.
"I am actually excited" said Nova "yeah. Dylan's moving in and we are getting a new siblings what's not to love" said Bell with excitement. "Wait So your all ok with this" says Mom confused "yeah" we all say. "We were shocked at first, but now it's cool" Tony tells them. "That's Great" says Dad shocked as much as Mom was.
"Does this mean the family meetings done" asked Alice "no. We need to talk about sleeping arrangements" says Dad. "Bell and Dylan will be moving into one of the new bed rooms. That means someone has to move in with Nova" says Dad. "And we were thinking Kara would" said Mom "no" said Penny and she jumped on me and held me. "Genesis could" I say "yeah" agreed Nova "Genesis and I could. Penny can't sleep without Kara nearby" said Nova,
"Well Penny needs to get use to Kara not always being around her" said Dad "but-" "no buts Kara. Your moving in with Nova and that's final" said Dad. I stood up pulled my phone out and walked out carrying Penny as I text Aunt Sally.
Hey Aunt Sally. Mom and Dad are forcing me to move in with Nova, and leave Penny!-Kara (me)
Hi Kara. Yes I know about it. And your parents are right Penny has to get use to it and so do you.-Aunt Sally
But it's not fair Penny needs me!-Kara (me)
You baby her to much and that's why. Just do as told-Aunt Sally
I'll do it. Just don't come crying to me, when Penny starts acting out!-Kara (me)
I place Penny down and throw my phone onto Genesis bed. "Kara" said Penny and I look to her sheer pain and sadness were in her eyes. "It's ok. I will work on not needing you all the time" said Penny, I kneeled down in front of her. "If you need me. I am only one story down" I say and we hug each other tight.
        I pack my stuff up and move it down stairs, and watch as they remove the bunk bed from the room. Once all my stuff is out and I'm unpacking it isn't long till Penny started acting out.
        "Give me it!" I hear "Penny" said Nova looking at me "I told them don't come crying to me. If she starts acting out" I tell her. And I continue to put my clothes away in my part of the closet. "Penny leave the triplets alone!" I hear Mom yell "No! I want the ribbon!" I hear Penny yell back. "Penny stop that!" said Mom, I walked out with Nova to see what was going on. Penny was fighting the triplets for a pink hair ribbon.
        "I'm tired of hearing them yell" I say and walk over to Penny and the triplets. "Penny stop it" I say sternly and Penny let's go and so do the triplets. "All of you go to your room. And for two weeks none of you get ribbons in your hair" I say and they try to argue with me. "Want to make it four weeks" I say and they shut up. "Now go to your rooms" I order them and they go their rooms.
        "How did you" said Mom "because they respect me, and Penny you have to first beat. To tell her you mean business" I tell her. "And that's the last time I will intervene" I say and walk away to continue put my stuff in place.
        After get my stuff settled in I head down to get something to eat. I find Mom and Aunt Sally talking in the kitchen, and when they see me they shut up. "I'll come back later" I say "no Kara come here please" says Mom and I come towards them. "We understand that your angry at our decision. But you must understand your going to college soon. And Penny has to get use to you not being here" said Mom. I scoff in response "me and Penny had a plan for when that happens" I tell them.
        "Penny would have to find someone else she can rely on. My last year of High School" I tell them "why didn't you-" "tell you, because I didn't think it mattered" I say. "Kara" I hear Penny behind me, I turn to see her standing there scared. "I can rely on Maya, she and I are good friends" Penny tells me and I smile. "Good at least I can feel a little better to know that" I say "can she and Julian come over. So we can play" asks Penny.
        I look to Mom, who looked surprised but she smiled and said "yes they can". Penny puts the Home Phone to her ear and told Maya the good news. "Your very lucky right now" I say and then leave. Letting go of Penny is hard, but I know it's for a good reason. At least she has Maya, and she knows I will always be there for her.
        Until Maya arrives Penny acted out two more times. Which Mom spanked Penny the second time, so Penny now respects Mom. So the third time Mom just had to use her voice.
        Penny and Maya played with their Barbie Dolls upstairs, and Julian and I hanged out on the couch. With Buck at our feet. "You ok" asked Julian "yeah. Just hard letting go of Penny" I tell him. Julian kissed my forehead then leaned his forehead against mine. "Be careful you two" says Dylan "what" says Julian as we look to Dylan as he walks to the door. "Don't get her pregnant right now. Or soon you'll be fetching her carving food" said Dylan "Night and Day!" yelled Dylan as an angry Bell cam after him.
        We both laugh at them as Bell marched after him yelling at him. "He's so dead" Julian says "oh you have no idea" I say and we both continue to laugh. Bell comes in slamming the door frustrated with Dylan, and we both laugh even more. "Oh shut up you two" says Bell as she walks by us and we just laugh on.
        Julian and Maya leave around 3pm to head home for dinner. Penny and Maya have another Play Date after school in two days. And since Dylan has a car and will be driving Bell and him to school, and back. We have room in the family car for Maya to ride with us! Which Maya is really excited for it.
        The rest of the day was great Penny didn't have anymore outbursts, but The Triplets did. Which Mom had to do the same to them as she did Penny. And now they respect her. Go Mom! Finally getting this parenting thing down!