Chapter 26 New Years

New Years my lease favorite holiday besides Halloween. To Dad and Mom, New Years is about having a party to entertain your colleges and other businesses people. But this year I get to skip the boring party and go to Julian's house for New Years. Along with Penny of course. Also all my siblings except Violet and Lucky, their to young.
         I wore my usual dressing tank top with a button up long sleeve plaid shirt, and jeans with boots. I know so dressy. Everyone else except Noah dressed casually.
         We arrive at Julian's house, and I could think was 'this will be interesting'. We to the backyard and immediately I sensed something wrong. Julian seemed tensed and so did Justin as they stared a some man. That look an awe full lot like them. Oh crap. I walk up to Julian and place my hand on his shoulder, and turns to see me and my siblings. "Hey Kara" said Julian and he kissed my lips he pulled back and I said "hey Julian". "Need some help" I ask rolling up my sleeves and he looked confused at first, but got what I meant. "No he's just leaving" said Julian turning his head to glare at his father.
         "Alright I'll leave. But I promise I'm better" he tells Julian and Justin then leaves. "Let's get this party started" said Maya walking out of the house, and everyone cheered. Except Justin and Julian, who still seemed very upset.
         The night went great everyone watching football, playing football, laughing, talking, and eating. It was the perfect New Years Eve. Except for Julian being distant in his thoughts.
         I walk over to Julian and hug him from behind. I hear him chuckle then pull me to the front of him this time him hugging me from behind. Julian kissed my cheek and I smiled warmly at him, Julian tightens his grip on me a little as he rests his chin on the top of my head.
         "You ok" I ask him "not really" Julian says and I frown a little. "What he want" I ask Julian "just that he has been sober for seven years. And that he'd like to be apart of our lives" Julian tells me. And that sounded great, but I knew Julian had conflicted feelings. "What are you thinking" I ask "I kinda want to sit down with him and talk. But I don't think Justin will like it" Julian tells me. And I got it Justin and Julian should do this together along with Maya.
"Well if you decide you want to meet with him and talk. I will go with you or all of you" I tell him looking up to him. Julian smiles at me "how did I get so lucky" said Julian, I smile as Julian kisses my upside down. "I'll tell Justin and Maya, you said that" Julian tells me as he walks off to go find Justin and Maya. I giggle a little as I watch him walk into the house. And he said "how did he get so lucky" I think "how did I get so lucky".
A little while later Julian finds me playing with Colton and Oscar, they were pretending to be Power Rangers. While I was a monster; let me just say that it was fun. "Kara" said Julian as I get stabbed my a stick sword "yeah" I say laying on the ground. "We're meeting my Dad, tomorrow at Pizza Hut" Julian tells me as he helps me up. "That's great" I tell him "what time" I ask "two a'clock" Julian tells me "I'll come over early tomorrow" I tell him "great" said Julian. Then for some reason he picked me up and spun me around and I laughed as we spun around.
         Julian placed me back on me feet both of us still laughing. We then heard the count down begin inside "10... 9... 8" Julian and I join in "7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... HAPPY NEW YEARS!". Julian and I kiss and at this moment I truly never wanted it to end.