Helping out a Trainee

[This Chapter does affect the Plotline]
[This takes place before BTS debuted]

Darling stayed late at Big Hit so she could work on some more music for the upcoming k-pop group, as of right now she's only known Kim Namjoon or 'Rap Monster'.

She makes her way to cafeteria to get a cup of coffee or a Red Bull, or both. She walks to the refrigerator and opens it to see all her Red Bull gone, she scoffs.

"I label these for a reason." She says in English as she closes the fridge door and heads to the coffee machine, she stares at the machine deliberating if she wanted to take the time to even make a coffee, she looks out the window to see everything is pitch black and she huffs.

"Guess I can sleep the night, won't matter anyway." She said to herself in English again as she walks to her studio, as she passes by the dance practice studio she hears music and groans of frustration, she stops to see the door cracked open a little bit. A boy laid on the floor frustrated as music blared, he gets up and grabs a towel to wipe the sweat off and throws the towel on the floor. Darling's heart hurts a little and she opens the door slowly, the boy faces the mirror as his head leans on the mirror, she knocks, but realizing that the music was still playing she quickly jogged to stop the music.

The boy's head shoots up and stares at the intruder who stopped his music to see a girl by his stereo, he sends her a confused glare and her eyes are widen in surprise.

She seems familiar.

"Sorry, I just..." she paused, her Korean dialogue a little rusty, and the boy can notice it wasn't her first language.

"Are you ok? Normal people, especially trainees aren't usually here after hours, especially at 2 in the morning." She explains, the boy looks down sadly and Darling notices.

"I didn't mean to offend you. It's just that we're the only ones in the building." She says and the boy nods.

"I'm just... struggling." He whispers out and Darling nods understandingly.

"We all do." She says, she doesn't move,  but she really wants to comfort the boy.

"I'm just trying really hard to improve and nothing is working and i'm just terrified that i'm going to be fired, and I really just want this, but I don't know if I can do this." He ranted sadly and Darling's heart hurt even more.

"Do you want some help? I have some experience from trainee days, sure they may be different and a little outdated, but maybe they can help?" She says as she steps a little closer.

"Aren't you a producer? How would you know any trainee training?" He asked a little angrily, Darling noticed, but took no offense to it.

He doesn't know who I am?

"I'm guessing you don't know who I am." The boy shook his head and studied her face, why does she seem so familiar?!

"Hi I'm Darling, or 'Justice', which ever you prefer, people call me either." She greets and sticks her hand out for the boy to shake, he stares at her face then her hand.

"This is the part where you shake my hand and say your name." She whispers which brings the boy out of his dazed as he takes his hand and grabs Darling's, they shake and the boy smiles, Darling returns the smile.

"I'm Taehyung." He says as he smiles a little.

At least he's comfortable around me

"No stage name?" She questioned, he shakes his head.

"There hasn't been anything good enough." He says. Darling nods.

"It takes time. And sometimes you can even decide to not even have one." She says.

"I want a stage name, something simple and that just fits me." He explains.

"Alright TaeTae, let see how bad you really think you are." She says, she sees the song she produced on Taehyung's phone and she smiles.

"Taetae?" He asks confusingly

"Yeah, my nickname for you. I'm guessing we are going to see eachother a lot more after today." She says as she puts her finger over the song.

"You guys have choreography for 'No More Dream'?" She asked, she looked to see him nod, and she hits play and lowers the volume.

"Just go through the choreography, don't stop, even if you mess up. Just go with it." She says as she watched Taehyung dance. She watches his moves and she starts to dissect what the dance moves are.

"Ok, you're actually a hell of a lot better then you actually thought. Sure it's a little sloppy, but it's fixable for someone who just started a year or so ago." She encourages and smiles a little.

"I'm gonna try to dance it, from what I saw." She says, Tae nods and the two switch places, Tae hits play and Darling starts to dance the choreography a lot better then Taehyung, but not good enough for Darling's liking.

She finishes and she is out of breath as Taehyung smiles.

"It wasn't clean either, but it's similar. You got this Tae, we just gotta clean it and tweak it." She encourages as they switch places again.

They help each other out with figuring out the choreography and cleaning up any mistakes.

It's about 6:48 AM and both teens are breathless from the non stop dancing.

"You got both choreographies down pretty solid. I don't know why you're so unconfident in your singing when that's honestly really good as well. You have talent, people are just hard and judgemental on others, it all depends on you, you just gotta dig deeper and you'll find it. Telling by your voice now I can tell you won't have any trouble singing really low. All growly, and stuff." She explains.

"Growly?" He asks confused as he drink from a water bottle.

"Like when you sing it'll sound like you're growling. It'll really get the people going." She jokes as she crawl for another water bottle then returns to her original spot as she opens it. He nods in understanding and closes the bottle.

"Wasn't that a Kanye lyric?" He asked as he threw his bottle by his backpack as Darling laughs.

"Yeah ? 'In Paris'? I mean they say "it gets the people going, but aw principle." She laughs.

"you really think I should sing low? Will the fans like it?"

"TaeTae, I'm positive that they'll love it, you'll get very far with that voice of yours, just keep improving, but please don't overwork yourself, it's truly going to destroy you. Just stay calm, work hard, and you'll be a golden boy. Cause stay golden ponyboy." She says as she slowly gets up

"Ponyboy?"

"It was a book my online class made me read, it's actually really good, but it's in English, not sure if it's translated." She explain as she heads to the door.

"We really made this practice victorious, thanks!" Taehyung yells gleefully, which stops Darling.

"Hey Tae." He stops and looks at the older one.

"How about V? For Victory?" She proposes, she looks at him and his eyes sparkle.

"I love it! Thanks Noona! I'll tell PD-Nim when he comes in!" He says excitedly as he hugs her and heads out, she laughs and look at the corner of the room to see empty cans of Red Bull, unlabeled, she groans.

"I should have labeled them." She groans in English and laughs as she exits the practice room.