Chapter 27: At Last

The marks upon Eren's once clear skin were as plentiful as the stars in the sky.

Even when they were finished, it didn't stop Levi from keeping his wandering mouth from Eren's aching body. Eren didn't protest, and he very much enjoyed it. Levi had one splayed on Eren's hip while the other was around his shoulders. They both only had their boxers and pants on, but it was uncomfortably warm inside the vehicle. Levi could taste the saltiness of Eren's sweating skin as he licked over all of the markings he had created with his own mouth. Before, the idea of licking someone's sweat was sickening and nasty, but he believed nothing could ever be disgusting if it was Eren. Levi considered himself to be a very neat and hygienic person, but all of his clean habits when out the window when he had Eren's cock deep inside his mouth and swallowed the white, bitter substance just a few hours ago.

The sun was setting, and they both watched it bow down and disappear into the cerulean sky. It wasn't raining anymore, and there was a strange but pleasant atmosphere that wrapped around the two of them. The sounds of crickets replaced the soft pattering of the rain. They felt safe together, and for a while, they could not remember that they were broken.

"I'm going to get hard again if you keep doing that, and I don't know how you would handle that if that happens," Eren said and hid his flushed face behind his hands.

"You're already hard," Levi pointed out and with the most serious face, placed his hand on Eren's growing tent. He swatted his hand away with alarm.

"Whatever. Why do you keep doing that?"

"Doing what?"

"You know exactly what you're doing, Ackerman," Eren told him almost sternly.

"I'm doing this to make up for lost time, for the time we could have had together but unfortunately did not. If I could force one hundred kisses into one, I would," Levi explained as he dipped his finger into Eren's naval and rubbed it. "We could have done this sooner."

"Yeah, maybe if you didn't push me away," Eren pouted.

"Don't be like that," Levi murmured into his ear and nibbled tenderly at his lobe. Eren shuddered. "You know I had to do it to stay out of trouble with the police. Your parents most likely despise me, so I guess I'm not completely off the hook yet. I just gave up trying to put a good façade in some situations."

Levi paused, and so did his hands. He moved his mouth away from Eren's ear and went for his neck. His lips brushed softly against his skin when he spoke. "We lost so much time."

"Then we can make more time," Eren argued.

Levi moved away again and shook his head. "I don't know, Eren. I'm not sure-"

"Then what did we just do? Am I merely a quick fuck? Was that was it was? A quick, accessible fuck?" Eren cut him off, his voice rising with each word.

"That's not true, you know that's not true," Levi muttered. An uncontrollable urge to confess bubbled violently inside his chest and rumbled like captured bees. He had to let it out because he felt like he could die if he didn't say it. "I love you."

Eren exhaled a sharp, shaking breath as he made eye contact with the raven-haired man. A euphoric flower bloomed inside his heart. He probably had a garden at this point, and maybe it would kill him someday. "Be with me then." His voice was raw with a hurt that he knew he would feel if Levi gave him a negative response.

"I want to. God. I want to so badly," Levi exclaimed and threw his head back onto the headrest and stayed like that for a brief moment. "But I fear the world is against us."