Chapter 11: Talk to Me

Is that alarming brief moment of chaotic shaking movements of the vehicle, Eren really thought he was going to die.

Oddly enough, he wasn't afraid of dying in that moment. More like, he was too busy being scared of the vigorous turning and spinning that he couldn't be bothered to fear death. Everything around him was nothing but a jumble of hazey colours and bright lights, like spinning in a rotating office seat for too long without the feeling-too-dizzy-I-can-just-barf feeling. Dread sat in the pit of stomach and the miniscule hair on his neck stood on end. He could hear Levi yelling at the woman was he constantly tried to take control over the steering wheel, but she was a lot stronger than the both of them had thought. She tried to harshly shove his arms off, but Levi was strong as well.

The sounds of screeching tires and moaning car horns hurt his ears until he could hear a small buzz. He clutched the seat in front of him until his knuckles went white with effort. His eyes couldn't focus on the view outside, for they were going too fast.

"Let go! You're only going to do him harm!" she shouted angrily.

"I'm trying to save him from the likes of you," he growled in return.

"Please stop fighting or else we're all going to die!" Eren yelled.

The tires screamed as more and more sudden swerves and twists were created from their brawl in the front and they even bumped a few other cars as they drove into nowhere in particular. Levi finally decided that fighting for the wheel was useless and grabbed at her snowy hair instead, only to be surprised when he couldn't get a good grip on it. A few seconds later, he tugged at it and gasped in surprise when he finally realized it was only a wig. It slipped off her head, revealing the fountain of mousey brown hair and a strap holding her goggle-like glasses in place.

"I should have known better to trust little old women," Levi mumbled under his breath.

"Of course I fooled you. Conniving men like you would take advantage of anyone, like that boy you kidnapped," she said trough gritted teeth.

Levi didn't answer her because he knew that she was right. He, in fact, did take Eren way so that he would be taken advantage of, but now his intentions were much more different than they were at the beginning. If he could go back in time, he would have never agreed with Kenny if he knew the house they were going to break in belonged to the Jaeger family.

Shaken and startled, Eren didn't have the power to do anything. His head was going numb and his sight was going disoriented from all the spinning. His ears were ringing from all the screaming and he just wanted to sleep right then and there, to get away from the world even if it was only a second.

"I'm not letting you take him away. He appeared in my life before and I'm not allowing him to get away from my sight ever again."

The words of Levi were bold and vibrant with feeling. Eren flinched as if surprised and tried to meet Levi's gaze but was not able to. He didn't understand what he had just said, but he felt like he should. His words were like an old photograph, forgotten but should be remembered. He was scared, afraid of what he should recall. He thought perhaps he had met Levi in the past, but waved the thought away when he figured people like Levi was a bad influence, and he didn't hang out with those sort of people. Levi was something like a good boy gone bad or some brooding main lead in an action movie. It was almost as if Levi was just a good looking alien from another planet.

"Excuse me?" Eren said. He didn't mean for the small sentence to escape his lips, but nothing stopped them from spilling out into a surprised string of words.

Levi glanced behind at Eren with a sad face expression, something he had not seen before until that moment.

"Sir, I need you to release your grip on the wheel," the lady snapped. "I'm trying to take him away from what you might do to him."