1.2

S U M M E R

Loud knocks on the door bounces through my house and I know it's Luke. I slip on some socks over my bare feet and pad across the wood floor to the front door. I twist at the knobs before pulling them open to Luke Hemmings holding a bag and his guitar. He smiles at me and I pull him in.

I shut the door behind us and guide him to the living room where I had the couches set up for us to sleep. Maybe we'd end up tangled in each other again but I didn't want to jinx it.

"Are you going to play me something?" I point to his guitar and watch him set the items in his arms onto the floor. 

Luke scratches the back of his neck and shrugs. "Do you want me too?"

"Yeah, later." I offer him a weak grin. "Want something to eat."

He nods with guilt and blushes, "please."

"Alright Luke, it's okay." I grab for his hand that's a bit cold and guide him into the kitchen. Not really caring to watch his reaction, I go to the refrigerator and grab out leftover pasta. "You good with this?" I question taking a look over my shoulder.

"Yeah, perfect." Luke looks handsome and I can't help the blush that dances over my cheeks. I make him the meal and slide it across the island to him. "Thank you." He quips before digging in. The food did smell good but my stomach is in knots with what to do with this boy in my home. Maybe it was dumb to invite him over?

"Have you ever thought of doing music?" I thought aloud. "I mean you seem to really like it."

"Eh, that's Michael's thing." Luke shrugged. I wish he could see the potential he offers. Not everyone gets the opportunities that he has at his hands. I want him to see that him and I are privileged.

"Well I think it'd be a good idea okay? Soccer and music will have all the girls falling at your feet." I raise a brow at him.

He looks me dead in the eyes without a hint of amusement in them. "Summer, you're the only girl in my life. I'd like it to stay that way?" We hold eyes as I walk around the island and come close with him. Luke's forgotten his food and stares deeply into me and I do the same.

"Are you about to kiss me?" I mutter in thought. The last time I had been kissed it was rushed and sloppy, not to mention a year ago.

"I'd like to."

Luke caresses my cheek, runs his thumb over by bottom lip softly. I grab his shirt and urge him closer to me. We're chest to chest, I can smell the pasta in his breath and see the growing stubble.

"Do it." I stare with fear in my eyes. Maybe he'll change his mind. Luke is a very special human, we've bonded on sleepless nights and the meaning of society—our image even.

My thoughts are all put to a halt when Luke's lips caress mine in a whisper. We're kissing but not really, his lips are getting to know mine. As they mold into each other they spark with passion. I pull him as close as I can to me and he holds my face a bit tighter with direction. His lips are soft and know all the ways to kiss a girl.

I think Luke is aware of my inexperienced kissing because he holds me up and slows down, guiding his movements to match with my own. His lip ring is harsh against my lips but I don't mind. The coldness of it sends a shiver down my spine.

Pulling away, I smile at Luke. His plump red lips ready to be kissed, his unshaven face, the bluest eyes I've ever seen. I mean they're so blue. "I think you got me to like you Summer Royce." Luke laughs.

Giddy, I place my hands onto his chest and lean my head against him. "I like you too Luke." When we sleep that night we're both happy. What a rare feeling.