1.7

S U M M E R

  Tears won't stop rolling down my cheeks. I feel bad for what I did to Luke's mom, and the fact he could see it made it all worse. All I can't think about is Luke, and my parents, and Kai. I miss Kai. If he were here he'd rub my back and watch a movie with me. But he isn't, the family love he had for me is gone.

Realization hits, no one loves me. All I don't is fuck people over, mess everything up. My family, grades, and now my love life. I wonder if Luke hates me. He seemed very upset when I left him. Maybe I should've stayed so we could talk it out then and there.

  My stuff is at Luke's but I can't move. I take in the numbness of the cold winter night and apply it to my feelings. Maybe I'll get hyperthermia or frostbite. That would be ideal.

I lay there on my electric box and cry. The sound of cars and fire trucks pass through but all I hear is my heart and the sob in my voice. All I want is to apologize and go back to Luke's to be wrapped in him.

"Summer...honey?" Luke stumbled into view. His face was glum but he offered me a soft smile as my eyes met mine.

My tears don't stop, they refuse to stop when I see his face. Guilt over floods my body. I sit up. "Luke please don't be mad at me anymore. Please, I'm sorry."

"Baby." Luke shush's me and brings me to his chest. He rocks us back and forth, rubbing my back. "I forgive you, I'm sorry for over reacting. Just know that I don't like that stuff. You don't have to put on a fake front for my mum."

His accent is like the warmth that I needed. "I'm really, really sorry." I look up to him. He uses the back of his hand to rub my cheek.

Luke leans down and kisses my lips. He tastes of weed and maple while I probably taste of tears. My lips quiver from the weather but lap with his, fighting each other for domination. He wins and pulls me impossibly closer to him.

When we lean away from one another, we're breathing heavy and the sticky steam of Luke's breath tickles my cheeks. "Can we go back to your house now?" I plead.

"Of course, hon." We hold hand and walk quietly back to Luke's where we lay cuddled in each other's arms. Eventually we fall asleep after talking over the argument and apologizing.