Chapter 29

"But babushka guns can harm us." (grandmother)

"By the time this happens you will both be immortal, and you can share your immortality with others, but only for a short period of time. Just be sure to do that just before you go to the meeting. Although it will only last for three days that will be long enough to convince them. But, because of those that hold onto their fear do not let them find out that the immortality is limited for the others. Show them your superior intelligence and the majority of them will follow you, and if you get them to follow you. Then those that follow them will also follow you."

"How do we show them our intelligence?"

"By solving problems that they have been trying to solve for decades possibly even for millennia."

"Such as?"

"Show them an alternative to war between their tribes."

"Well that's easy." I heard Roza say.

"Tell me." I turned to her and said.

"We are taking our people back to the old ways in some respects. Right?"

I nodded.

"So, why can't the others just follow our example?"

"Further explanation please." An intrigued Janine Hathaway asked this time.

"Ok, back in the time of Camelot, if it was real, each kingdom held jousts. Why can't the supernatural world do the same? Have a group of 'knights' to fight for them, only in none lethal combat. Say two different tribes of shape shifters have a disagreement on, hell I don't know, ummm about punishment for treachery. They have a series of jousts the tribe with the most wins, or the highest score, makes the final decision on the punishment. Each species can decide on their own type of contests. But there needs to be a universal council where each species is represented, and the council will have to approve of the types of contests. Pass it into law as it were."

(RPOV)

I looked around and everyone was looking at me with oddest looks on their faces.

"What? Was that not a good idea?"

Then they all started laughing before my baba asked, "now why in the hell has no one ever thought of that before? It is a simple and non-lethal way of settling disputes. That right there just proves that you two are the right ones for this job kizim." (father, my daughter)

"Ummm... thanks, I think."

"I thought that you said, that you weren't smart?" Dimitri asked me smugly.

"I'm not."

"Well that sounded like a pretty bloody brilliant idea to me." He praised, and everyone else nodded in agreement with him.

"Thanks. So, what other kinds of problems should we solve?"

"Try a medical one." Karo said.

"Find a cure for a disease, specific for a species." Was Sonja's input.

"But we are not doctors, we know nothing about medicine." Mitya said.

"Share your intelligence with a doctor that you trust." My babushka answered. (grandmother)

(DPOV)

"Dr. Oldenzki." Roza and I said at the same time then smiled at each other and she lay her head on my shoulder lovingly.

"But how do we share our intelligence with her?"

"Share your blood with her, while she drinks, concentrate on what you want her to do."