.8.

Applejack and Rainbow were watching a YouTube video when a knock was heard at the door.

"Yes?" Applejack called. Big Mac opened the door.

"Ma and pa told me to tell ya and Rainbow dinners done." Big Mac said. Even now, you could tell Big Mac didn't trust Rainbow Dash.

"M'kay, Mac. We'll be right down." Applejack said before her elder brother shut the door.

"How many people will be there, exactly?" Rainbow laughed nervously.

"My parents, granny, and my lil sis. Including Big Mac, by the way.." Applejack trailed off at the end.

The two teens walked downstairs, Rainbow's wings were tucked tightly. It was her fault, it's just what they did when she felt nervous. But, Rainbow didn't know why she was nervous.

"Ah! So here we see the famous Rainbow Dash!" Rainbow looked at a man, who looked a lot like Applejack too, must be her dad.

Rainbow gave a shy wave.

"We've heard amazin' things 'bout you, Rainbow Dash." An elderly women smiled. Must be AJ's granny.

Big Mac stayed silent.

Rainbow sat next to Applejack as they ate and talked.

"So, Applejack. How was your day at school, sugar?" Applejacks mother asked her.

Applejack nodded, "Alright, nothin' that important really."

"Everythin' ya learn is important," Applejacks dad smiled, "Rainbow, how was yours?"

"O-Oh..! It was okay. Not that bad." Rainbow lied.

"Dash, you can tell 'em the truth." Applejack looked at Rainbow Dash.

Applebloom looked at Rainbow too, "Yeah! You can tell us anythin'! The truth matters 'round here."

Rainbow sighed, "It was kinda awful. I'm usually not so.. nervous or anything.. it's just one of those days, you know? People tease me a lot."

"What? Who would do such a thing to such a nice young girl like you." Granny Smith exclaimed.

"I'm very sorry ya have to go through that, Rainbow." Applejacks mother said, sympathy in her eyes.

"Don't worry, Rainbow! It'll be okay!" Applebloom smiles at Rainbow.

"Thanks.." Rainbow forced a small smile onto her face. Applejack smiled.

After dinner was over with, Applejack and Rainbow Dash got up to go back upstairs.

"Oh, Rainbow," Applejacks mom stopped them, "May I have your moms number to let her know you're safe here?"

"I... um.. not really.." Rainbow stuttered.

"What do ya mean, dear?" The women asked.

"Both my birth parents and my adoptive parents are... gone." Rainbow said. The family, even Big Mac, gasped. Applejack knew this already.

"Oh, sweetie, I'm so sorry." Applejacks father said. Rainbow just nodded, doing her best to try and let AJ know she was nervous.

"C'mon, RD. Let's go finish that video." Applejack smiled at the skyling. Rainbow looked and Applejack and nodded. The two began walking back to Applejacks room.

-

"Oh! And this one time, a flying instructor got so mad at me, his whole face turned red!" Rainbow laughed.

"And why is that so funny?" Applejack smiled.

"Because.." Rainbow laughed, "He had the highest voice ever, so he sounded like a chipmunk growling!!"

Both girls bursted into laughter.

"I find you funny, too." Applejack told Rainbow. Rainbow shook her head.

"No. I'm not. I'm just boring." Rainbow claimed.

"Pfft, you wanna know what I think boy ya?" Applejack asked her friend. Rainbow nodded.

"Well, when my mom made the claim skylin's were like angels, sent down for different reasons, I believe it. I find you sweet, funny- hilarious even-, loyal, and pretty strong too." Applejack said.

"Hah! Yeah, right," Rainbow crosses her arms and looked down, "I'm nothing compared to you. I'm not pretty like Rarity, I'm not happy like Pinkie Pie, I'm not gentle like Fluttershy, I'm not smart like Sunset Shimmer.. and I'm never, in a million years, ever going to be able to compare to you. I'm nothing."

Applejack couldn't believe what she was hearing, how could Rainbow say all of these things about herself, and none of them be true?

"Rainbow.. not one thing ya just said is true. All wrong." Applejack said. She grabbed Rainbows hands in hers, "You are pretty like Rarity, prettier, even. You are happy like Pinkie Pie, just not as happy. You are gentle like Fluttershy, you just show it differently. You are smart like Sunset, just not as smart as her. And me? I'm a country girl livin' in a Mansion. That's it! I have a heart, true, but so do you. You ain't ugly, you ain't dumb, you ain't mean, you aren't a jerk, you aren't alone, you ain't worthless. You're somethin', Rainbow Dash. I just wish you could look into a mirror and realize it."

Rainbow started crying a little, "AJ, nobodies ever told me that before.. thank you.."

Applejack shrugged, "It's nothin'. C'mere."

Applejack let Rainbow hug her for as long as she wanted, an Applejack held Rainbow tightly in a hug too. Never wanting it to end.

Rainbow felt safe in Applejacks grip.

And neither of them wanted to move.

~

Shorter than usual, but I think it's cute!!

💗 - Mal