~Take a bet on love~

"Gather round, gather round!" Nearly Headless Nick bellowed from the small stage in Hogwarts basement. The other ghosts floated down to the front, groaning as they went. They were celebrating the new year with their annual party and more importantly about to pick this year's couples for the matchmaking club.
"I dont see why we cannot take this party upstairs, there are no students here." Grumbled the Bloody Baron in his usual bad mood. Nick scowled at him, fed up with the same complaints he got every year. The grey lady hit the Baron, making a pile of dust erupt into the room.
"Because we leave dust everywhere! Plus Peeves here isn't one known for being respectful to Dumbledores school." She scolded him, causing him to rattle his chains in annoyance. (A/n: I know he doesn't have chains in the books/films, I just added them for character.)
"Right well welcome to this year's matchmaker club. I suspect you all have kept an eye the students since September and are ready to place your bets?" He said excitedly. Myrtle sniffled,
"There's no use me doing this. I dont see any students unless they come into my stall and pick on me!" She sobbed.
"Can we get the cleaning crew to mop this up? Someone get filch!" Peeves giggled, making Myrtle cry louder.
"Look, one by one can you just say the names of the couples, please! You lot will drive me headless!" Nick shouted, silencing the others.

"Right Myrtle, you can pair with me. Put me down for Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger." The Grey lady said as she put down 3 mouldy fish and a loaf of mouldy bread. Myrtle glided over to the stage and plopped down a soggy toilet roll.
"Hm splendid duo." The fat friar laughed.
"Right, friar! Place your bet."
"Um, I'll have Lucy and that other girl! The ones in your house Grey. I think you teach her Binns so you can join with me." He said, as jolly as Nick was about the events.
"Rosie Clemmons," He said, almost falling asleep. The magical quill scribbled down the bet and the friar placed a half-burnt part of a rug and Binns a rat bitten book.
"Peeves?" But peeves shook his head and flew off through the ceiling.
"Baron?" Nick sighed, fed up of peeves antics.
"Actually dear Nick, I have an offer you may be interested in? A couple we could potentially pair up over." He sneered, floating about with an air of evil radiating off him.
"Propose this to me, my bloody fellow," Nick smirked.
"Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter!" He revelled. Nearly headless nicks head nearly swung off his neck.
"They would never! They're worse enemies than you and I!" The Baron only smiled.
"You dont see Dracos emotions behind closed doors, whereas I do." Nick shook his head, meaning he had to readjust it.
"I do not spy on those in my house but why not, I have nothing to lose. I put down three scones and a bottle of wine." Nick replied. The Bloody Baron placed down another bottle containing rum and a wheel of cheese."

*Spooky scary time skips send you to the future. Spooky scary time skips to the students arriving*

"So whats the plan?" Nick whispered to the Baron as they hovered near to the screaming and giggling, reuniting students.
"We wait. You talk to Harry and I'll talk to Draco about one another and then we'll figure something out." The Baron explained. Nick had to refrain from rolling his eyes in fear that the force would knock his head off and show their hiding place.
"Wow, aren't you one for the romantics," Nick replied sarcastically. The barons chains clinked as he turned to his companion.
"Little do you know."

Harry sat in the common rooms, re-reading his essay for the millionth time. He couldn't deal with detention on his first day back.
"Ron, come and save me from this eye torture!" Harry shouted.
"Sorry, being forced out of the room by the Ravenclaw ghost, who is a lovely woman... please dont kill me. If you want to read mine, go forth!" He replied.
"I would rather die!" Harry laughed as he flung his own scroll of parchment onto his bunk.
"Trust me, you wouldn't." Nearly headless nick announced as he floated through the wall.
"Nearly Headless Nick!" Harry exclaimed.
"Hello Harry, I'm just here for a natter. It's awfully boring being dead." He sighed as he sat on the bed but went through it. "Well, how was your winter holidays?"
"It was good. I spent a couple of days with, my stupid muggle family, just as the Weasleys were away visiting Charlie. Then I stayed with them over Christmas and went to go visit Sirius and Remus for the last two days. How was yours?" Harry rambled.
"Pretty dead!" He chuckled and Harry laughed. "So are you going to be fighting that Malfoy boy this year. Surely you should try and make it a new years resolution to not fight and try to be friends." Harry looked away and blushed, making Nick realise why the Baron had chosen these two. At least one of them was already there!
"No, he's a selfish prick who doesn't know how to act like a person," Harry replied harshly. Nick sighed as well as a ghost with no lungs could. How could he get them together if Harry was acting against his heart?
"Harry, it could change things immensely for the better if you may be attempted to be nice to one another," Nick replied and Harry just laughed.
"Not a chance!"