Chapter 55

We're Back.

*Sisilia's POV*
Two Weeks Later
(Backstage RAW after segment ^)

"Shawn, I think you should ease up on the smoking," I spoke eyeing the lit cigarette that hung loosely on Shawn's lips as we waited in the hallway outside of Vince's office.

It's been two weeks since Shawn and I decided to start over fresh with our friendship and really give us a try and ever since, we've been like a ring on a finger.

We're always together.

But recently, I've took noticed of his smoking habit and it was starting to worry me, really badly.

He's been going through almost two packs of cigarettes a day and I'm pretty sure before the night is finished, he's going to start on a new pack. So, almost three packs a day.

I could only imagine the internal torture he's putting his body through.

"Well, that's your opinion," He shoots passive-aggressively with a ghost smile. "Thank you for sharing."

"I mean it, Shawn," I narrowed my eyebrows looking at him seriously. "I'm not going to be a hypocrite and tell you to quit it completely because I smoke too, but it's really starting to show up on you. Shawn, Your voice is getting rougher and rougher each day. I fear that one day you'll be spitting out gravels."

And it's true.

The tone of his voice isn't smooth anymore. It's rough and gravely and sometimes it gets difficult to understand his sentences.

It's like a whole new accent.

"That's good!" He cheered throwing his cigarette bud onto the floor and outing it beneath the tip of his shoe. "Now people shall fear me even more."

I rolled my eyes at his childish attitude and sighed. "Shawn..."

"Sisilia," He mocked my tone causing me to roll my eyes again.

"Everything's a game for you, ain't it?" I asked folding my arms across my chest becoming annoyed that he's not taking the topic seriously.

"Yes, except for you. You never let me play with you," He answers with a pout before stepping closer to me.

I shook my head and sighed once again. "Shawn, I'm talking about your health here."

"That's not a very good topic," He said with his nose scrunched up as he now trapped me between his body and the wall behind me that I was leaning on. "Let's change it."

I pressed my lips together and leaned my head back onto the wall. "Why do you always have to be so difficult?"

He's doing it again.

Once, last week, I asked him about the painkillers but he was quick to dismiss the topic and change it.

I tried again later down the week but he kept avoiding the conversation to the point where we just didn't talk for the rest of the day.

I was thankful that it didn't end up like the first time where we literally had to fight in the men's locker room,  but at the same time, I was bombed out.

I just wanted to get to know that side of him better and his reasoning for certain things he does.

I know he's not a saint, but I just, for once, would like to see, or even have a sneak peek, of what he so desperately avoids and hides from me.